Mara Jade Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's definitely true. I just mean that I'm tired of seeing half-naked EU girls when we still don't have fundamental characters like an ESB Leia or any version of Padme. As for male characters, some need updating like a Vader and Han - it's a shame that a person can have a shelf full of barely known EU hotties and one piss-poor version of Han.

You make some good points.

I think a number of us wonder why SS is making pieces for some of the lesser known characters. I believe this is deliberate strategy on SS part. They know that characters like Leia, Padme, Han, Chewie, are going to be wildly successful. Assuming there is not some sort of colossal failure in those sculpts, SS will make off like bandits. However, if they can expand their revenues by selling pieces of lesser known characters....well that's just gravy for the folks at SS. Additionally, SS knows that even if the production of these lesser known characters upsets some of their customer base all they have to do is put out a new sculpt of one of the "grail" characters and everything will be forgiven.

Get your customer base to spend their cash on the grail and non-grail customers and it positively impacts SS's bottom line.

Now....we need to talk about your aversion to seeing half naked EU girls. :D

Glad to know what format Mara is going to be in. Also glad they're waiting unto the female pro gets unvield before they do her in 1/6.

BUT DAMNIT BRING US 1/6th MARA.

Wouldn't mind a PF of Mara Jade, but I just lost interest after reading the part in red. I want a Mara Jade that will match the rest of the Star Wars PF line. I have a feeling this is going to be like the Emma Frost PF.

did AH make the Frost pf though?

Let's be honest, the male characters have historically received plenty of love in regards to the PF line. In addition, in the near future you have the impending PFs of Cyborg Maul, Clone Trooper, Storm trooper, the Empereor, and I believe in one of the SS Q&A sessions they mentioned an Obi Wan from Episode III in 2010 or 2011.

There are some good female characters out there and personally I'm glad that SS is showing them a little love.

Some people are just afraid of the all mighty uterus.

I'm not a collector of Star Wars... until now. :) Gotta have Mara for my AH! collection. If it looks anything like the concept art ive seen of his, I'm sold :)

Mara_Jade_by_AdamHughes.jpg

I can totally sympathize with those who want to see female characters portrayed as resourceful and heroic individuals and not just targets of sexual objectification. But I have to admit that nobody is going to pay $300 for this:

Jocasta_Nu.JPG

Maybe a female collector will pick up a Mara Jade PF as a celebration of a liberated and capable woman in the Star Wars universe who possesses the talent and skill to stand strong alongside any of the males. But forget about that--I know why this guy is going to buy it:

nerdm.jpg

in a hobby dominated by male statues i am so happy to see sideshow giving some love to the women of star wars lately. it is good that they know there are women here that spend money on their product too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hi5:

If only they brought on Adam Hughes to do the Slave Leia PF I probably would have bought it.

I would NEVER buy Mara Jade in any form. EU doesn't exist in my world ;)

I wouldn't count out a Slave Leia by Adam Hughes. I have a feeling this is a testing piece to see how collectors react. Now if its successful I could see opening up to let him do a flurry of other characters from Leia to Padme to Shaak Ti. A slave Leia might be packaged as a comiquette if redone but its not out of the realm of possibilities if this is a hit.

No interest in this character.

Hurry up and bring out more Leia and Padme!:lightsabe

I'm pretty happy they're going with an AH! design (even though the dude was kinda rude when I tried to meet him for the first time at SDCC)

I'm hoping SS adds in a purple bladed lightsaber as an EX accessory or something to give us more options for display

I'm pretty happy they're going with an AH! design (even though the dude was kinda rude when I tried to meet him for the first time at SDCC)

I'm hoping SS adds in a purple bladed lightsaber as an EX accessory or something to give us more options for display

No doubt the delicate genius is some-what of a ****** to meet. He is very quiet and reserved, but he knows his crap rocks and that we all love it (for the most part)...

Jesus, what is it with all this EU crap. Enough already! :gah: It's about time Sideshow stuck the PF line into OT overdrive!

Man this one will be hard to resist. She is a great character.

Since she started as a Sith type chatacter, I may be able to justify the purchase :D

Yeah, this will be a great one. I am so looking forward to seeing the first photos. I wonder how much influence or say Timothy Zahn will have in this? She is his creation after all.

Back