1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit tempted with the free shipping and $30 coupon too but it's still pricey. The $210 it comes to is the max price it should have been to begin with in my opinion.

I'm a bit tempted with the free shipping and $30 coupon too but it's still pricey. The $210 it comes to is the max price it should have been to begin with in my opinion.

I hear that lol. I was tempted too, but I'm still holding out hope HT will get their act together and do an RotJ Luke... not some overpriced 30 second cameo Luke. That TFA Luke is an insult to collectors... $230 (without shipping) for a figure that comes with nothing.

I don't think the new Luke from The Force Awakens is that bad. Not really sure what accessories it should have had but at least the diorama base is cool.

Like any Sideshow human figure the basic cost is just the starting point, you have to factor in a new body and a new head for it to look and feel acceptable (though you can claw back some money by selling off the Sideshow head and body).

Well my thought is to use the Stormtrooper Luke sculpt on this figure or just keep the helmet on. Then I'd just use the other figure as a Stormtrooper when the Luke sculpt was on this figure. I'm curious as to how the Snowspeeder version will look too though (although there's no way I'd buy it at $275).

Well my thought is to use the Stormtrooper Luke sculpt on this figure or just keep the helmet on. Then I'd just use the other figure as a Stormtrooper when the Luke sculpt was on this figure. I'm curious as to how the Snowspeeder version will look too though (although there's no way I'd buy it at $275).

Whoo whoo whoo, the snowspeeder luke version is only 269.99, not 275
That 275 is crazy talk............

I understand why folks want to use their points on snowspeeder luke to get that atrocious price down. I'm betting that in the long run you will be better off using points towards something that won't likely drop as steeply in price in the future and just picking up luke at a later date. I could be wrong but I bet luke will be available for 200 or less by next year's spook.

I understand why folks want to use their points on snowspeeder luke to get that atrocious price down. I'm betting that in the long run you will be better off using points towards something that won't likely drop as steeply in price in the future and just picking up luke at a later date. I could be wrong but I bet luke will be available for 200 or less by next year's spook.

Until we see what the production Snowspeeder Luke looks like in hand, it's too early to write this off as a failure. If by a very slim chance this is as life like as Hot Toys's sculpts and paint and looks like Mark Hamil from Empire, I'd buy it at full price.

Until we see what the production Snowspeeder Luke looks like in hand, it's too early to write this off as a failure. If by a very slim chance this is as life like as Hot Toys's sculpts and paint and looks like Mark Hamil from Empire, I'd buy it at full price.

I'm not calling the Snowspeeder figure a failure. I didn't think the X-Wing figure was a failure either, but it was way overpriced at $260 shipped. I did pick it up for significantly less later and I am happy with it. But we have all seen this movie before with Sideshow. If HT made snowspeeder luke, everything would be of similar quality EXCEPT the paint apps would be far superior, the stock body would be far superior, it would come with a dio base and more doo dads, and it would cost about $235.

So are they gonna deep discount this guy this year or no?

Well, Luke X has been sitting a year and I think the most I've seen is maybe $30 off. I can't see the Snowsp Luke being discounted by $70+. SSC just doesn't really go that far unless it's sat for years.

I'm trying to pull together enough RP to get Snowsp Luke back to around $200 and the Dengar (assumed price - $230) down to the same level. I'm close to achieving those two things, and I'm probably done with Sideshow 1/6, barring some kind of lightning bolt character choice. Very few positive surprises from SSC these days, only the never ending scourge of price shock and enduring quality issues.

Well, Luke X has been sitting a year and I think the most I've seen is maybe $30 off. I can't see the Snowsp Luke being discounted by $70+. SSC just doesn't really go that far unless it's sat for years.

I'm trying to pull together enough RP to get Snowsp Luke back to around $200 and the Dengar (assumed price - $230) down to the same level. I'm close to achieving those two things, and I'm probably done with Sideshow 1/6, barring some kind of lightning bolt character choice. Very few positive surprises from SSC these days, only the never ending scourge of price shock and enduring quality issues.

Yeah I don't think sideshow will drop the price that sharply, but you might find one on ebay for way less. I guess the thing I forgot to consider is that as of now it appears sideshow is not distributing this for sale through other retailers, which would make it more difficult to find a decent price. If true it seems they are hell bent on sticking customers with the price as it is. But I heard they were already changing their tune with this policy regarding the bounty hunters so we will see. I'll almost surely hold out though, at its current price I just can't see luke selling out.

Yeah I don't think sideshow will drop the price that sharply, but you might find one on ebay for way less. I guess the thing I forgot to consider is that as of now it appears sideshow is not distributing this for sale through other retailers, which would make it more difficult to find a decent price. If true it seems they are hell bent on sticking customers with the price as it is. But I heard they were already changing their tune with this policy regarding the bounty hunters so we will see. I'll almost surely hold out though, at its current price I just can't see luke selling out.

The biggest savings on the Luke X were on retailers sites that freaked out when SSC announced a "new and improved" Luke flight suit figure (Snowsp.) I assembled a Luke X with parts from TA for around $100, so even when I saw the full fig for $160 (that was with $20 eBay code) I passed.

I haven't seen a single pic of that Luke X headsculpt that looks any good (it almost looks like a Hasbro head if they had continued on with their 12" SW,) so I do have major concerns about the Snowsp head. But this is one of the reasons I've had to give up on SSC - you can't pay $270 for a figure and get a figure you have to display with helemt on just to cover up the poor quality headsculpt.

But this is one of the reasons I've had to give up on SSC - you can't pay $270 for a figure and get a figure you have to display with helemt on just to cover up the poor quality headsculpt.

You won't even be able to do that, will you? The helmet is non-removable. You could always sell the spare head and get the cost down. I plan on cutting the Sideshow head out of the helmet and then replacing it with a DX07 knock off.

Yeah, but even at $206 shipped. I see some of these in hand pics and im like ooooo no thankyou. I duno how much off id need to order but i just cant bring myself to do it.

So this is now $50 off with free shipping. I'm even more tempted now than when they offered it at $30 off.

Well the people who bought it at $30 off last week must be super happy.:lol

I guess everyone knew it would come to this, and SSC themselves should have known - it's a simple figure with a very mediocre headsculpt that was at least $50 overpriced 18 months ago when it PO'ed. It should have been $170-180, even in the context of the jump in prices over the past 5 years.

How they thought they could get $240 for this is a mystery. In the post-mortem on what sunk SSC's 1/6 SW line, this figure will feature prominently. Greed or cluelessness - the result was the same.

Back