1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this figure but haven't purchased it yet. I just checked Sideshow's website and it's show low stock.

So question... do I bite the bullet and spend my rewards and get the figure or wait until Hot Toys does an X-Wing Luke? What are the odds that Hot Toys will do one? I assume it's on their to do list but who knows.

I'd buy one now. You can always try to get a deal from a fellow freak on the for sale thread or see what you can find on ebay for a better price if worse comes to worse . It's a damn good figure.

Great display, FlyAndFight! Classic characters.
Congrats on the new figure Tinman.

Thanks irezumi! :duff

I love this figure but haven't purchased it yet. I just checked Sideshow's website and it's show low stock.

So question... do I bite the bullet and spend my rewards and get the figure or wait until Hot Toys does an X-Wing Luke? What are the odds that Hot Toys will do one? I assume it's on their to do list but who knows.

I'm sure Hot Toys will eventually get to this figure but who knows when it will happen. Until then, the Sideshow figure is an excellent representation of X-Wing Luke (with the helmet on) and for me, was a must-have in the collection. My advise is to get one. I've seen some good deals, from time to time, in the Sales section here.

It looks great. Even next to any other Star Wars or hot toys figure. Here is mine.
c666420618e04223c3f1f26d0864404e.jpg

2a886262284403af53824c8f6beb2731.jpg

He can display with any of the HT Star Wars figures easily in my opinion. Great looking figure, especially with the helmet on.

Cool to see this thread get a burst of activity. Maybe this was the sales tactic for the Rogue Leader figure--make far too few so that people take a second look at this excellent figure.

Fantastic looking figure and really stands out among the black and white outfits.

View attachment 367622

You've got Leia's dress looking pretty wrinkle free. Did you steam it at all?

Last edited:
One of my favorite figure. With some mods and tricks, it's amazing!
ae94eb612e260fe24f71b15122e6e330.jpg
41dbe1a380361134901254271d61a4ca.jpg
30a6e82202cc1add3cc044ab07298a50.jpg
419afb1fbefc956cb7a909b008c2636e.jpg
fb012692b2d545a345ad6ce94ed9c624.jpg
c722342438f2bb4dc913a95fef59a51b.jpg

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

That looks awesome. So what were the mods and tricks ?? Water soaking of the flight suit, and some weathering I recall. Or anything more ?

Did you take the whole flight suit off to wash it ? Looks great with more wrinkles and not the new ironed material look.
Tamiya weathering pastels for the weathering ? Looks to be mainly on the shoulders.
Did you do anything to get the grey bands too hang lower ??

That looks awesome. So what were the mods and tricks ?? Water soaking of the flight suit, and some weathering I recall. Or anything more ?

Did you take the whole flight suit off to wash it ? Looks great with more wrinkles and not the new ironed material look.
Tamiya weathering pastels for the weathering ? Looks to be mainly on the shoulders.
Did you do anything to get the grey bands too hang lower ??
I put the whole figure in the water. One thing i learned with clothed 1/6 scale figures, water treatment is the key. Not on all figures, but on the X-Wing Luke it worked pretty well. It also helps the harness to hang lower, but futzing is also needed. I used Citadel brown wash on the suit, and applied it when the suit was wet.

Cool thanks. Seriously the whole figure minus boots, gloves, respirator etc I assume. I would have only wet it with a sponge ?? Maybe that wouldn't be enough.

Looks like you only did the weathering on the shoulders. Or also on the legs ??

Cool thanks. Seriously the whole figure minus boots, gloves, respirator etc I assume. I would have only wet it with a sponge ?? Maybe that wouldn't be enough.

Looks like you only did the weathering on the shoulders. Or also on the legs ??
Yeah only the cloth parts in the water. Sponge won't be enough i think. I weathered the whole suit but pictures it's not visible on the pictures.

Great pictures Viv.

Yes, this one of my favorite figures. I repainted the helmet on mine. It helps it blend in with my customs.

20170909_092835.jpg

Great pictures Viv.

Yes, this one of my favorite figures. I repainted the helmet on mine. It helps it blend in with my customs.

View attachment 367961
Yeah it's the next step on my Luke, but as i'm not a good painter, i'll repaint the helmet only if i can find decals for it... Haha

Did anyone ever do a repaint on this sculpt? It's not perfect, but I always thought it might have some potential...

Got mine today. Still on a business trip but quick look at the figure in box with helmet on looks great. So glad I got this guy on discount before he sells out.

Back