LOTR Premium Format Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You take what you get given. I can't just sit by and say nothing bad, like I should. Maybe I'm not reading things right but some of the above statements are just preposterous.

Now Josh, you'd have to be the first to admit you have no appreciation for dolls, or is it that you have a dislike for them, for your own personal reasons. You're saying you don't like the PF's you've seen with real hair. Which ones are they? You should know you can't go by pics. What is happening in your personal life? Is this girlfriend having an influence? You were always such a staunch Sideshower, and lately your mood is quite different. Cheap Barbies. Can't say I've seen any PF Barbies before. So what is you basis for comparison? Something you saw at the SDCC. Unfair advantage sir. I don't see how real hair would make it any less a statue.

Now Kookie. "The sculpted hair on a PF looks much better than even polystone hair." This is definitely bewildering. Sculpted hair IS polystone. Maybe you meant to say better than real hair, or were you pulling my leg? Hard for me to tell.

We don't even know which way Sideshow have gone on this yet. I don't mind banter and different viewpoints. This is just mine. Engage the brain before opening the mouth. Advice I should adhere to more often myself. I would listen to Dave most, at this point, because he has Electra and knows how good it's looking. Biased as he might be, I am encouraged, influenced and optimistic that whichever way they go the PF LotR line is going to rock your boats. I'd like to see what Sideshow has in store. Who knows, they could have both. Exclusive with hair. Regular scuplted, or a bit of both.

Must be something in the air at Sideshow. Infestation? Nawww, that there's a commune of hippy mice.

Now Josh, you'd have to be the first to admit you have no appreciation for dolls, or is it that you have a dislike for them, for your own personal reasons. You're saying you don't like the PF's you've seen with real hair. Which ones are they? You should know you can't go by pics. What is happening in your personal life? Is this girlfriend having an influence? You were always such a staunch Sideshower, and lately your mood is quite different. Cheap Barbies. Can't say I've seen any PF Barbies before. So what is you basis for comparison? Something you saw at the SDCC. Unfair advantage sir. I don't see how real hair would make it any less a statue.

Maybe he watched Child's Play at a young age & has left him with a fear of dolls?

I know the clown doll in poltergeist scared the bejesus out of me & I still think clowns are very sinister :horror :horror :D :D

Hello???.........Pennywise ??? :horror

Originally posted by pitchin
Maybe I watched Child's Play at a young age & has left me with a major attraction of dolls?

I know the clown doll in poltergeist turned me on & I still think clowns are very hot and sexual. :love :love :D :D

Hello???.........Pennywise ??? :inlove

fredge8uh.png

:confused: :confused: :confused: :cool:

Last edited:
Creecher

Creecher

Can I ask why your quoting me and basically speaking to me like I'm a 2 year old. I was simply stating my preference for sculpted hair over real hair, it wasn't insulting anyone. Also.....if you look at the hair on the PF figures for Star Wars (Han, Lea) it looks much better than the hair on Boromir (as an example).

You obviously have an issue with Josh....don't get me involved

by the way

who gave me that funky little name "just a little freaky"

I like it!!!!

creecher said:
Maybe I'm not reading things right

Kookie, if you read your own comment, it reads to me that you are saying you prefer sculpted hair over polystone hair, which is one and the same. I did mention that this may have been an error on your part, or a sarcastic joke of some kind. I don't mind you having your say at all, but what you said wasn't all that clear.

I prefer sculpted hair. Just because I think it looks better, can only jugde using pictures, becuase I don't have any real hair figures.

about the SW PF vs Weta sculpted hair, I like Weta the best, but then again, I've not seen SW PF in person. the material might be the same but the styles and sculptors are different!

:rolleyes:

That's some big and furry bunnies you got there!
:bunnydanc

creecher said:

I tease about the doll comments I use. I have no problems one way or the other about the 12" or PF. As a matter of fact I've placed orders for both the Luke and Anakin 12" figures. I just don't care for the real hair look since it just doesn't seem to be pulled off well IMO. As far as my mood I've been quiet since I've had some stuff going on in my personal life that kind of sucked, but I'm no less supportive of SS now than I was before.

I know you were being provocative with the doll talk. I just couldn't resist having a prod back. I didn't mean to trod on your toes on a personal level Josh, and I hope things improve and you can still enjoy Christmas, and that 2006 will see you back on top of your situation.

Back