Looking for someone to repaint/weather three Sandtroopers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightSword

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for someone to repaint/weather the trio of 1/7 scale Sandtroopers that Kotobukiya produced a few years ago. While the sculpts are quite nice, the weathering on their armors and helmets is sloppy, brush strokes and all, thus lacking realism. I was wondering if someone with experience could repaint those for me eliminating the horrible job Koto did, shading and weathering these figures in a more realistic, natural way, bringing out details on the armors and helmets to look as if they had truly been exposed to a desert climate. I wouldn't want an excessive amount of weathering, though. I'd pretty much like the same amount Koto used, but again, done in a realistic fashion. Is this something someone would be willing to do, and if so, how affordable will it be and how could we go about with the process of getting the work done? Please, PM me if you can help. I'm located in Florida, thus I'm looking for someone within the U.S to avoid high shipping charges.

Thanks!

P.S: Below you can see pictures of the figures needing repainting/weathering.

2014-03-23204651_zps9d04f5d9.jpg

2014-03-23204549_zpsdc84c841.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I had the exact same trooper.. but the paint on mine looked much better.. still not as good as they could been.. but better than what I see on yours.

If I would have the time I would love to help you out !!

There are great artists here on this board .. so Im sure someone will help you out :) Good luck!

I know. I wish I could have had this done by you, but I know you have other compromises right now. Nonetheless, thank you. If no one else responds to my post, I'm willing to wait for you as long as it takes. I've seen what you can do, and I'm proud to have one of the little lightsabers you produced for the/my Mythos Obi-Wan.

* Folks, if anyone can help me out ... I'm all ears. PM me. Thanks!

Hey mate, I can repaint them for you but I live in Australia so postage could be pricey. For painting all three I can do them for $150aus so let me know if your interested.

Ron

Back