Lone Survivor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you knew it was based on a true story... That was Frogs point... He thought it was just a fictional War flick... And thus thought it seemed over the top.

I also did not know about the cliff jump either. But I knew it was probably true and thus I found it bone jarring.

Yeah, I knew it was true. After I saw that, I read up on that "scene" and watched some interviews with ML; that was confirmed. Insane. Felt bad for all of 'em. Those guys got torn up and they were trying to do the 'right' (scraping the mission cause it was compromised by some goat herders and allowing them to live) thing.

yep, exactly.
Peter Berg who was right out of BATTLE****, Marky Mark in his umpth soldier role, the guy from John Carter showing his muscle in the first minutes of the movie. I was like ok this is another one of those hollywood cliché war action movies.
And now that i know that its a true story, i really feel the Berg style ws not appropriate.
But hey thats me, its just a matter of taste.
Not right or wrong :)

Ya know Battleship was Awful but I thought Peter Berg's The Kingdom was an excellent film. I felt this film was in that style and not Battleship. I also thought The Rundown was a fun action film for what it was. I am not ready to hold Battleship against him forever. Plus I might have been able to find some kind of enjoyment out of the film if it didn't have the worst Alien designs ever... I thought the first 45 min was actually pretty good since they got me to care about all the main characters. Then admittedly it got real stupid, which I could have handled but the Awful looking aliens (old men with beards) took me and my 7 year old right out of the movie.

Ya know Battleship was Awful but I thought Peter Berg's The Kingdom was an excellent film. I felt this film was in that style and not Battleship. I also thought The Rundown was a fun action film for what it was. I am not ready to hold Battleship against him forever. Plus I might have been able to find some kind of enjoyment out of the film if it didn't have the worst Alien designs ever... I thought the first 45 min was actually pretty good since they got me to care about all the main characters. Then admittedly it got real stupid, which I could have handled but the Awful looking aliens (old men with beards) took me and my 7 year old right out of the movie.

I'm fairly certain the studio courted Berg for Battleship and he only made it on the condition they allowed him to make this one. This was a real passion project for him and I thought he did a great job.

*edit - found the article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/01/10/how-lone-survivor-became-peter-bergs-hope-floats/

Also, Ben Foster needs to be in more things.

The kingdom is really great (Thank god they did not go with the original ending) and i absolutely love the rundown.
I need to see hancock again now that ive forgot the original darker script TONIGHT HE COMES.
Battleship is a bad movie, but its so stupid that it becomes funny.
So me neither i wont hold that against him.
But he was coming from that and the look of Lone survivor felt closer to battleship than the kingdom.
The fact that the John carter Guy was here again didnt help.

Yep, Berg was forced to do battleship in order to get this film. Guess its true sometimes you just gotta take one for the team. :lol

Id like to take one for the team, play with high tech toys and earn millions in the process ^^

Battleship is kind of fun. It doesn't take itself seriously and neither should people watching it.

yep, exactly.
Peter Berg who was right out of BATTLE****, Marky Mark in his umpth soldier role, the guy from John Carter showing his muscle in the first minutes of the movie. I was like ok this is another one of those hollywood cliché war action movies.
And now that i know that its a true story, i really feel the Berg style ws not appropriate.
But hey thats me, its just a matter of taste.
Not right or wrong :)

Woops i forgot an s!
Well see how well you do writing/speaking French or German?
Dont bother, rethorical question

How classy of you to diss soldiers for expressing views.
Oh wait he's not even a SEAL, then he probably worth nothing...

Next time you eat a ****ty meal at a restaurant dont you say anything, you're not even a cook ;)

You do realize being a soldier doesn't even really even come close to being a SEAL, right? That there's a HUGE gap between the two? And berating soldiers by comparing them to cooks? Wow, so the slams on the US military just keep coming from you. :monkey1

Saw this tonight and it was highly impacting. Not only was it intense, but it was emotionally draining. I was heartbroken for everyone.
War is the worst kind of goddamn cancer we need to rid ourselves of, though we never will because we're always going to be stupid and passionate about what we believe. And because humanity the world over won't change, knowing there are some incredibly special people, an amazing few who choose to push themselves so far in order to allow my fat *** to sit in a theater and eat popcorn while I watch a depiction of their exploits, it makes me feel incredibly small, and immeasurably grateful.

At least in my group, this movie opened up a nice discussion of 'what would you have done?' kinda thing. Not that we were second guessing anyone who lived the real situation, but it was interesting nonetheless

Back