LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

HUGE difference between recasting & reworking. Nuff Said

Les, if there are still spots available for the Joker heads I would love to be one of them. I'll try to send you a PM when you're not so busy. Thanks.

Other than ALL the other work I am doing...and please folks, I will ship what I can tomorrow and Monday. I am TIRED, but working. So know that, and if you have any requests for sending your stuff first, etc., I will send it as I can. Unpainted heads will be Monday. TOO much to send tomorrow and I am way overbooked to ship all out at one time. No way I can do that.

SHORT CONTROLLED BURSTS! :gun

OK...

For you Joker head people....

OK. I am offering FOUR varaints. The difference you may see between a couple of them are purely hair app and eyes or some minor detail element.
NO WAY I can paint these EXACTLY like another. No way. Just not possible.

But, I will try to adhere as much as possible to these. The ONLY variations I will allow for from head to head, is eye position. DEFAULT is straight ahead. I might do off to one side a but, left more often than right, but both are possible. ONLY when requested in an email to me, will I do extreme eye positions. I have to have a written record I can go back to, so please email me and let me know your prefs.

I CANNOT GUARANTEE HAIR SHAPE AS IT IS ALMOST ENTIRELY CHANCE EACH TIME! I can skew it some...but these are about what I can do...so please, NO HAIR SHAPE REQUESTS!

And there is time to get your eye requests to me. I will not be getting to paint these until March 28th-ish at the soonest, as I am seriously busy with other heads in the way. I will only take Joker pref requests (You can post them here of course and I will make note of them also) and make sure I have them correct until then.

Just remember, I am painting all the time, so I can't do all the messaging and emails also at one time. Just remember that and work with me. Thanks all.

Here are the first drafts... Enjoy. I did...

THE MENU:
Pencil trick1 (cleaner hair)- Pencil Trick2 (darker hair) - Party Crasher (eyes just example)- Road Duel/Interrogation - Interrogation (later beatup look)
JokerMenu002.jpg

With my old original custom in for good measure, so you can see all the heads I have painted so far....

JokerMenu001.jpg

And the singles...

Pencil Trick 1 (clean hair)
Joker001PencilTrick1.jpg

Pencil Trick 2 (darker hair variant)
Joker002PencilTrick2.jpg

Party Crasher (eyes can vary)
Joker003PartyCrasher0.jpg

Joker003PartyCrasher1.jpg

Road Duel/Interrogation 1
Joker004Interrogation1.jpg

Interrogation 2 (really messed up!)
Joker005Interrogation2.jpg

Again, I hope these look varied enough for you to easily pick from. I will not do in between versions. No time to develop that. Just these. Eyes are all that can be decided on.
If you don't pick any variation, I will just paint either Pencil Trick or Party Crasher, as a default head, with a standardized straighter eye look.
Just so you know.

More to come....LOTS more....

...and if you don't believe me...step a little closer...

JokerInt002.jpg

Note: lighting may vary from photo to photo, so don't worry about lip color and shades so much, as they are all pretty much accurate from one to another....and from the scenes as I can discern them.
Also, please remember, I am not an airbrush artist. Everything you see painted by myself is done BY HAND, always has been, always will be, so I will try to blend as best I possibly can, but I do NOT do airbrush type blends and in EXTREME MAGNIFICATION, beyond reason, you may see brushstrokes, however minute.
Thanks for your understanding.

Hey Les, AMAZING work, you are truly gifted and talented. I would definitely love to have the Interrogation Scene 2 (Really Messed Up!) Head, how much?, i can send you a PM as well. Hope you are doing well, keep up the good work, your hard work, all the real hard work you put into these sculptures, while people are begging for these amazing works of art, is an encouragement to me, how you keep going and work hard!, YOU'RE AWESOME!!!

I met him at the 2007 FX Toy show, where I believe Dark Artist Josh can back me up when I say, I told Mr. Beihn of my head, and my figurework of him, to which he replied,
"I just hope you make him look better than I do now! *laughed* Go ahead!"
I would call that a statement of support.

:horror ALL kinds of awesomeness!!

Hi Les,

PM sent regarding the Predator head & bitz I commissioned a while back.

So does that mean it way too late to get an unpainted Hicks ? :(

MadCow, it ain't looking to good. I've tried to get an unpainted one for a while with no luck. I'd also love to have one. What Les did is perfect. Captures the look well & I really want a go at painting it up BAD

MadCow, it ain't looking to good. I've tried to get an unpainted one for a while with no luck. I'd also love to have one. What Les did is perfect. Captures the look well & I really want a go at painting it up BAD

I agree. I really loved it even for a Reese !!!! :monkey2

I may sell unpainted Hickses in April. Not sure yet. Gotta get more casting stuff if I do...LOTS more to do than those, so bear with me.
I will keep you two guys that have asked on record for sure. Thanks for asking. Honored.

Karatka, PM sent.

Let, thank you. That's all I can ask for. I know how buy you are, If you keep us in mind, that's cool. Truly appreciated, keep up the slamin work

is it too late to get a hicks and a joker :D sorry if im a bit late, havent checked here in a while :eek::eek: im just tired of looking at the action man head HT gave us for hicks :lol and the joker looks awesome :naughty

Les, don't let the jerks get you down. Keep going and slaying those naysayers with your pure awesomeness.

I may sell unpainted Hickses in April. Not sure yet. Gotta get more casting stuff if I do...LOTS more to do than those, so bear with me.
I will keep you two guys that have asked on record for sure. Thanks for asking. Honored.

Karatka, PM sent.

Sir Les, thank you so much. I truly appreciate it. :chew

I met him at the 2007 FX Toy show
fx003michael.jpg
Cool, man. I met him too at the London Film/Comic con in 2004. It was a couple of years before I got into 1/6 figs but I did ask him about his feelings towards what he gets in return from toy manufacterers (specifically McFarlane). His words were, "Basically they rip you off."

I also asked if he was upset that he wasnt Cameron's 1st choice for Hicks seeing as they worked on T1 perviously and had a friendship. He was disappointed, yes but not "upset". He also mentioned other films he was offered such as Platoon, The Usual Suspects and X-men but declined them. Actually, looking at your pic, I'm wondering if he ever smiles for the fans???

Actually, Les, speaking of SH Hicks - just wondering why you coloured his eyes brown when Biehn's are actually blue? I'm just about finished painting those other Biehn heads BTW.

Aliensguests011.jpg

Last edited:

woah, i wonder which roles he declined in platoon, usual suspects and x-men. and also, why he declined them.

woah, i wonder which roles he declined in platoon, usual suspects and x-men. and also, why he declined them.
Not sure but I think he said he didn't "just get them" - the scripts that is. I asked which X-men role he was offerred but he said it never went that far, he turned it down before he was actually given a role.

Actually, Les, speaking of SH Hicks - just wondering why you coloured his eyes brown when Biehn's are actually blue?
Aliensguests011.jpg

Actually, they are greenish grey. I looked at that fact in person myself. BLUE is blue, Also, I use a base color ring of dark brown when I paint all eyes, and add complex colors on top of that, lightening as I go. With his, I used a mix of a greenish with blue grey to get the color that looks the most like any images I have on hand also. Sorry if your's looks too brown. I suggest adding some blue to clearcoat to fix it to your liking.

You can paint them blue if you like, but I don't think that is totally accurate. His eyes were a complex color and I tried to capture that.

Eyes of the beholder?

Biehn.jpg

Offline til tomorrow. My mom's guardianship hearing is in the morning at 10am and I have a lot of prepping to do. It's like becoming my Mother's parent here, and I am not used to it yet...no kids....so long days here...family coming in. Lots to do.

I will post shipping info as soon as I can. Tomorrow afternoon I hope.
Too much happening all at once to stay work frosty as well.

Be back then.

Les

Ah no, I wouldnt dream of altering it, I just wondered though I did spot his eyes were a weird mix in some pics.

Ah no, I wouldnt dream of altering it, I just wondered though I did spot his eyes were a weird mix in some pics.

True! I did myself paint them blue at first, WAY back before I ever really got into the Hicks heads and all. But when I actually met him, and he did take his shades off and all, I did look really well (I mean, come on! I am not gonna miss that reference op!), and was surprised.
There are lots of online pics that look a lot of ways. I even note that some shots of guys with similar eye color, like Michael Keaton, often have blue eyes in some photos, but Keaton's eyes are NOT blue! Not by any means. Seems some shots make eyes look a different color? Not sure why.
Maybe the photog guys here can explain that. Makes for a frustrating element for references when you need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back