Leia exclusive order is in!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much for me not buying any more statues! :sick

Just ordered... :banana

So I'm now awaiting my first Premium Format Figures: Vader, Obi and Leia!

I now wish I'd gotten Luke and Han!

Psycho Cenobite :cool:

wookilar8 said:
Now that I examine it closer, both hands have the exact pose. The hand that holds her own blaster, grips it tighter. The hand that holds the stormtrooper blaster, doesn't grip it as tight. The proto-type either uses the same hand or it's photoshopped.

Good point about the hand. I didn't notice it before either, but it does look pretty loose. Doesn't seem to grip it at all there except for near the top.

Well, lends more credibility to the Photoshop camp. Although personally, I don't really think it is a big deal. I could see how people would want to see exactly what they are getting for this price, but it's like software companies and vaporware. I worked for a publisher once where I spent much of time time before conventions designing fake screen shots so that they could announce a product launch before they even finalized the contract with the developer.

So maybe SS felt pressure to get the launch up and pre-orders in since the product development time seems to take so long.

I don't know. Guess I'm just rationalizing for one of my favorite collectibles company... :rolleyes:

I ordered the exclusive as well. And not because of the blaster. I think I can see a little more leg in the photo. ;) :p :naughty

PsychoCenobite said:
So much for me not buying any more statues! :sick

Just ordered... :banana

So I'm now awaiting my first Premium Format Figures: Vader, Obi and Leia!

Psycho Cenobite :cool:

Get Luke for dirt cheap on ebay then. ;)

PsychoCenobite said:
Yeah, I agree with Gruson. You should be happy you didn't buy Luke direct from SS. I saw one end on Ebay for $92!

Han should be cheap also, likely around $175.

B-Electronic said:
I never knew Leia had such a hot @$$ :naughty

You mean you actually skipped Han, Vader and Obi-Wan? OMG you must have the strongest will in the universe to hold out that long!!

I'm not strong willed, I just prefer Luke as Jedi, or as he was on Cloud City for the final duel, or in the X-Wing outfit. Vader is out of my price range. :(
And I've never been a huge fan of Old Obi-Wan. Han on the other hand I want, but it's only recently that I was able to order such expensive things.
ANH Leia, that's the definitive way I like her, I'd also love a Slave Leia statue!

The hand does look Photoshopped in the close up picture, but it doesn't matter much to me, I'm sure Sideshow will make it look great.

RevRanger said:
Oh, and blaming the price increase on the cost of oil?

Weak. :rolleyes: VERY weak.

I'm confused :confused: For one thing, Leia is one of the least expensive of the Star Wars Premium Format figures. And her exclusive is less expensive than Han's exclusive. How is this an increase?

And secondly, no one can honestly argue against the fact that prices of oil have gone up considerably over the past few months, leading the transportation companies to charge more for the same services that were provided a year ago. I have nothing *whatsoever* to do with deciding price, and I don't have a clue about all the various influences that go into it, but I think it's great that we've managed to keep her the same price as those PF's that were premiered nearly a year and a half ago (Han and Luke)... :dunno

SideshowDusty said:
I'm confused :confused: For one thing, Leia is one of the least expensive of the Star Wars Premium Format figures. And her exclusive is less expensive than Han's exclusive. How is this an increase?

And secondly, no one can honestly argue against the fact that prices of oil have gone up considerably over the past few months, leading the transportation companies to charge more for the same services that were provided a year ago. I have nothing *whatsoever* to do with deciding price, and I don't have a clue about all the various influences that go into it, but I think it's great that we've managed to keep her the same price as those PF's that were premiered nearly a year and a half ago (Han and Luke)... :dunno

Not to worry Dusty, unfortunatly not everyone has the same grip on reality.

Jesse

Agree with Jesseawilson, Dusty. Not everyone understands how things like the price of oil affects just about every segment of commerce. It's not an opinion that oil prices affect most of the products we buy, it's a fact. :peace

Plastic is a petroleum based product, which is the Poly in Polystone. That is also factoring in on the price of products.

This is from Wikipedia:

One of the great appeals of plastics have been their low price as compared to other materials. However, in recent years the cost of plastics has been rising dramatically. The cause of the increase is the sharply rising cost of petroleum, the raw material that is chemically altered to form commercial plastics. As the cost of plastic hinges on the cost of petroleum, should petroleum prices continues to rise, so will the cost of plastic. In 2004, the higher price of plastic drove a number of plastic-toy manufacturers out of business.

Right. And there's $250 worth of plastic there. Doesn't NECA and the rest make 18" figures for like $30 or $40? They're sculpted, painted, boxed and shipped just like these are. But I forgot -- Leia needs another $8 worth of material for that complex dress design of hers. :rolleyes:

Sure, these are a lot nicer than the NECA figures, no arguement there, but do they justify a 1000% increase in price?

These toys are WAAAAAAY overpriced. Leia will drop to $100 on ebay. Just watch.

Great looking figure, just don't know how they can expect to build a collector base by charging $250 - $450 per figure. Line's gonna burn out quick, unfortunatly.

Thanks for those words of wisdom. :rolleyes: For your own sake though, you may want to educate yourself a little more on the workings of this industry before criticizing a company's business practices... It just might spare you a little embarrassment. ;) Your argument is almost too weak to make sense of, but I'll try....

Right. And there's $250 worth of plastic there.

Um, no. If you think any company on the face of the earth prices their products only high enough to pay for the actual material costs, I'm not even sure the rest of this post will make any sense to you so you can stop reading here. And for what it's worth, there is waaaaaay more material cost in one of these figures than for a "Neca toy".

They're sculpted, painted, boxed and shipped just like these are.

Well, kinda.... And they also produce and sell about 100 times as many of them. Don't let the scale of those Neca pieces fool you, they're action figures. I won't go into all the differences between an action figure and a high-end resin collectible right now (or mass production economics), but lets just say the list is very long. There's plenty of info out there on the subject though, you might find it interesting!

Line's gonna burn out quick, unfortunatly.

Once again, your wisdom is appreciated! When that happens feel free to slap us with a big "I told ya so". :)

There's a reason that Sideshow has prospered exponentially over the past few years while most other large 'toy' companies have laid off half their workforce or even floundered completely.... These folks know what they're doing. But thanks for being so concerned!

Last edited:
Wow, RR, where's all the hostility coming from?

Clearly, you are not Sideshow's market or in your terms "collector base." Sideshow serves a niche market of high-end collectibles both in price and quality. Sure, they could go the Macfarlane or Neca route, or why not, try and compete with Hasbro? Go mass market? Why should they serve those markets? Aren't they already served by those companies. I don't collect Hasbro because their toys look like nothing to me, just toys. Never seen a Luke I've liked. Leia? That's even worse. That's not what I'm looking for. Not what I'm looking to collect.

I'm looking to collect something better, and Sideshow fills that need for me. I don't mind paying ("1000%...WAAAAAAAAY") prices because I feel the product is worth it. You're free to judge them as overpriced if you wish, just as I'm free to judge them as acceptably priced. Maybe for those of us that collect Sideshow products, the cost benefit analysis does not wholly center on the price. The other tangible benefits to us Sideshow collectors include emotional or aesthetic factors which seems not to factor at all in your calculations.

So feel free to scorn us and wait for the prices to lower on ebay. Ebay is always looking for buyers. At least that way, you won't have to spend your time here complaining to people who could care less what you think.

Not particularly interested in Star Wars merchandise. I reckon the interchangeable arms on the exclusive is pretty rad, and warrants the higher price. I actually don't know how Sideshow has managed to offer the exclusives for the same price as the regulars on previous occassions. Still, I like the interchangeable parts, and hope to see what it means for other PF figure lines.

And lets not forget offer .99 shipping here in the US!!!

This is awesome 1/4, just amazing how well Andy captured Leia, totally looking forward to this.

All I'm saying is that these prices are getting way out of control.

How could you ever look your friends and family in the face and admit to them that you spent $2000.00 on 6 Star Wars figures? That you spent $500.00 for a General Grevious figure?

And buying an $850 frickin' Pumpkinhead figure is grounds for divorce.

Yes, that's right -- $850 for PUMPKINHEAD! What a winner he is!

Then DON'T BUY THEM! Just buy NECA products since you seem to feel they're the only ones you can justify spending money on (maybe you just need new friends who won't judge you on the collectibles you buy?) and let it go already! Jeez! :confused: :rolleyes:

Back