Media Legend Of Zelda - Wii U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. Guess not going to use motion controls. Motion controls worked perfect in Skyward Sword.

I finally gave up on Skyward Sword because of the motion controls. The harp NEVER worked for me. The only game I've passed on other than the DS games (which I gave up on because of the stylus controls).

I finally gave up on Skyward Sword because of the motion controls. The harp NEVER worked for me. The only game I've passed on other than the DS games (which I gave up on because of the stylus controls).

I never had problems with ANY aspect of the motion controls. I dont understand how people can. Oh well.

I hated the motion controls on TP though. Waggle Waggle.

How about options, like with smash bros, etc. Let us use any and all controllers please! And for God's sakes... just put in the danged option to have Link right or left handed...

Looks like a pretty big overworld. Game looks amazing

Nothing entirely new but, here is more talk about the overworld:

Any new information we can get our hands on regarding the upcoming Zelda title — which will be exclusively for the Wii U — is worth examining. In a recent interview with iJustine, Shigeru Miyamoto answered a couple of questions about the highly anticipated title.

When asked about the size of the world within Zelda U, Miyamoto stated, “We first started by saying well, let’s see what we can do if we take an entire world the size of the world from Twilight Princess and just try to make that as one area on the game.” If the game holds true to his words, it has the potential to be monstrous.

When playing fantasy games such as Zelda, many players have desired for the ability to roam freely across the landscape and explore — The Legend of Zelda series is founded on that desire for exploration. With a world this large, it opens up many possibilities to do just that. However, a larger world doesn’t necessarily mean it is an interesting one to journey through. Justine then asked, “Do you see that as a game where people will go to complete a certain mission and they end up doing 50 things along the way?”

“Yeah, there may even be times where you forget what your goal is, because you are doing other things on the side. There may be times where you go into one big long dungeon, or there may be times where you’re headed to a dungeon and you’re doing other things along the side,” Miyamoto responded. This is reassuring news, since it offers not only a large world, but things to do in the world.

Miyamoto then mentioned that they are designing Zelda U to be played in short periods of time, molding it around busy lifestyles and schedules. “What we’re trying to do is design it in a way that you don’t necessarily have to sit down and play it for a super long time, but more matched to today’s lifestyle.”

The Legend of Zelda for Wii U has been confirmed to release sometime next year. Until then, you can either watch the full iJustine video interview below or watch the gameplay reveal from The Game Awards — as if you haven’t watched it about 100 times already!

Thanks for sharing, Kai. :duff

This is sounding more & more like a game so perfect that it may even rival Ocarina of Time for the gaming top spot in my heart. :yess:

Looks amazing. out of all games at E3 this is the one I was most excited for.

Glad to hear the map is really huge and tons of exploring to be done. Kind of curious as to how many hours this will be. I believe Skyward Sword (which I wasn't the biggest fan of) took me about 45-50 hours or so.

Amazing!! I still get all giddy and excited when a new Zelda comes out (and I"m old enough to rememer playing the first one after it was relased on the NES)

Looks amazing. out of all games at E3 this is the one I was most excited for.

Glad to hear the map is really huge and tons of exploring to be done. Kind of curious as to how many hours this will be. I believe Skyward Sword (which I wasn't the biggest fan of) took me about 45-50 hours or so.

I agree...this looks amazing! The wait will be worth it. If this is the way this looks on Wii U...I just can't wait to see it performing on the NX :yess:

Back