Legalizing Drugs On The Horizon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what you aren't getting. The dispatch got a call at 11 pm that night. The guy shot was smoking weed that night. Are you saying because we don't know the exact time he was shot means the story is BS?

Nah, he's saying that there's no proof that the shooter himself was high, since it only mentions the victim of the article having smoked.

Edit :
I'll answer the same way I answered before. Take your average driver and give them a beer to drink. Most if not all would have no ill effects in motor skills. Now take the same person and let them smoke a joint. Their motor skills would be affected. Do I have "Scientific" proof? No, I've just been around enough people in my life who were stoned and I myself used to get stoned about 20 years ago.

I'm not sure how this relates to my post, since I certainly haven't encouraged anyone to get high and drive! If you want to elaborate a little, I'd be happy to give my viewpoint on what you're getting at.

No the shooter was a minor who was forced to do the shooting by someone who was high. Not sure what bv's point was other than to deflect. :rolleyes:

People are stupid enough as it is. Making it easier to facilitate intoxication on top of that stupidity is asinine.
I just don't get it. I can drink a beer because I like the taste of it. People get stoned because they like the EFFECT of it. And for people who don't think t's harmful to your health. I would think if you take any substance and light it on fire an inhale the smoke into your lungs it would be detrimental to your health.

Nah, he's saying that there's no proof that the shooter himself was high, since it only mentions the victim of the article having smoked.

Edit :

I'm not sure how this relates to my post, since I certainly haven't encouraged anyone to get high and drive! If you want to elaborate a little, I'd be happy to give my viewpoint on what you're getting at.
Thought you were getting at why one was legal and one isn't.

No the shooter was a minor who was forced to do the shooting by someone who was high. Not sure what bv's point was other than to deflect. :rolleyes:

His point was that your point is nonsense. Do you let intoxicated people make all your decisions for you? Or do you think that people that're high are like the Piep Piper and can influence everyone around them to do whatever they say?

It's a ridiculous viewpoint and you're going to have to do better.

People are stupid enough as it is. Making it easier to facilitate intoxication on top of that stupidity is asinine.

I agree. It's time to bring back Prohibition. We should probably crack down on other drugs like caffeine, sugar and nicotine while we're at it.

Why do people always lose their minds when it comes to this issue? Do the Amsterdam police have their hands full with runaway crime and a soaring accident rate?

Thought you were getting at why one was legal and one isn't.

Oh, I see what you were getting at! Ok, that makes sense.

Nah, I think driving while under the influence of weed should be just as illegal as driving under the influence of alcohol (not one beer, but over the legal limits as determined by your state/country/whatever).

I can drink a beer because I like the taste of it.

So you drink non-alcoholic beer? I think sooner or later we have to face reality and realize most people consume alcohol for the effect. It's an acquired taste. Most people hate their first drink.

And for people who don't think t's harmful to your health. I would think if you take any substance and light it on fire an inhale the smoke into your lungs it would be detrimental to your health.

Yes. But it's also worth noting alcohol is harmful to your health as well.

Oh, I see what you were getting at! Ok, that makes sense.

Nah, I think driving while under the influence of weed should be just as illegal as driving under the influence of alcohol (not one beer, but over the legal limits as determined by your state/country/whatever).
Take me for example. I can drink 2 beers in an hour and be well within the legal limit. Now give me a joint. I gaurantee you my motor skills are affected. I know different people have higher tolerances for stuff but I bet the majority of people who smoked 1 joint would have impaired motor skills.

I hope they do legalize pot. That way all you people who are in support of it will see plainly why those of us who were against it were right.

This may be one of those situations we were talking about earlier were the dumb kid may actually have to burn their hands on the stove to believe that it'll hurt.

Legalize away. I am with you all 100%. :rock

Yeah, we had total chaos up here in Canada when it was decriminalized. It's like Mad Max up here! :gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back