Legacy AVATAR Neytiri Maquette- Pre-order June 9th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, in the case of video games they don't print a limited number (sure they don't produce/sell a lot as the game gets older) and if it's a popular game they sell millions of copies, so it's easier to spread the cost out. With these statues they have to spread that cost out among the ES. Plus they are in business to make a profit so they have to decide how much do they want to make from each piece

True enough.

I know that. I'm hoping a low number, but I don't want to commit unless I know the edition size.

Damn, you'd think SSC would listen to complaints and lower the price, but look not even a penny less :(

And no mention of lights.

NRD, CANCELLATION FEE AND UNUSUALLY HIGH PRICE, THEY REALLY DONT WANT THIS TO SELL DO THEY

Last edited:
Damn, you'd think SSC would listen to complaints and lower the price, but look not even a penny less :(

And no mention of lights.

NRD, CANCELLATION FEE AND UNUSUALLY HIGH PRICE, THEY REALLY DONT WANT THIS TO SELL DO THEY

As of right now, no light up feature is expected for this piece.

-SideshowAlex

CAhobbit the summary says that this maquette "was used to develop the original screen used costume." So this is a replica of a previsualization statue made before the movie was produced?

I would place my order, but I have 2 problems.

1. Not listed edition size.
2. The wife........grrrrrrr

However, I will pester her again once the edition size is posted. I hope it's not sold out. I want this soooo bad.

After seeing the light-up feature and now its gone is anyone else pissed off, i mean even if i was to save like mad and cancel a bunch of stuff for this piece to have a feature no longer a part of it should have caused a decrease in price.

I prefer no light up feature. It always seems to be the cheapest part of a high end collectible, no matter how its implemented.

Right. I don't buy Neytiri because of the light-up feature...

2. The wife........grrrrrrr

Just buy it!

CAhobbit the summary says that this maquette "was used to develop the original screen used costume." So this is a replica of a previsualization statue made before the movie was produced?

Unfortunately I'm not privvy to much information regarding the development of collectibles. This would be a perfect question for our Ask Sideshow features. if you wanted to submit it.

New rounds of questions are being worked on now.

Ask Sideshow

Back