Leaked images - new SW PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talon is an interesting choice, I wouldn't think she'd sell that well, but we'll see. I think its cool that Sideshow does off the wall characters.

I'm not surprised that EU fans like LEGACY more than KOTOR (the game, not the crappy comic). :lol

sheesh khev! can't wait to read a post of yours for something you get excited about. :cool:

I'm not upset that Talon is being made. I don't own any SW PF's so whether they make an A-list movie character or Z-list comic figure makes little difference to me. I was just stating that my guess is Talon was produced at LFL's request in order to advertise the new comics. That's all.

I'm not upset that Talon is being made. I don't own any SW PF's so whether they make an A-list movie character or Z-list comic figure makes little difference to me. I was just stating that my guess is Talon was produced at LFL's request in order to advertise the new comics. That's all.

Makes the most sense to me. Always has to be George's way.

Makes the most sense to me. Always has to be George's way.

I'm sure that the choices have plenty to do with what Lucasfilm wants, but at the same time Talon fits right in line with the Spooktacular theme as well. However, I don't think it has much to do with wanting to advertise the 'new' comic since Legacy has been out for several years now. Very intriguing choice though for me and I'm going to have to see more pictures, but this one will be very tempting.......

It concerns me how often Lucasfilm and the licenses can get SW fans/collectors to fall for utterly contrived characters.

"Let's give Anakin a padawan in the Clone Wars and make her a pre-adolescent girl! This will attract the young female fan in the Hanna Montana crowd!!" CHECK

"Let's create a great-grandson of Luke and name him something obvious, like Cade. He can be a semi dark Jedi! And, ooh! He can wear some armor similar to Vader! They'll eat it up!" CHECK

"Let's just take a sexy Twi'lek chick, make her a Sith and paint her up like Darth Maul. They'll buy it!" CHECK

This has to be the most predictable and gullible fan base in the world. I mean, seriously, LFL doesn't even have to make an effort for this stuff to fly. I don't get it.

It concerns me how often Lucasfilm and the licenses can get SW fans/collectors to fall for utterly contrived characters.

"Let's give Anakin a padawan in the Clone Wars and make her a pre-adolescent girl! This will attract the young female fan in the Hanna Montana crowd!!" CHECK

"Let's create a great-grandson of Luke and name him something obvious, like Cade. He can be a semi dark Jedi! And, ooh! He can wear some armor similar to Vader! They'll eat it up!" CHECK

"Let's just take a sexy Twi'lek chick, make her a Sith and paint her up like Darth Maul. They'll buy it!" CHECK

This has to be the most predictable and gullible fan base in the world. I mean, seriously, LFL doesn't even have to make an effort for this stuff to fly. I don't get it.

Ya, I know, right? BTW, Ahsoka has to die (or otherwise not be succesfully trained by Anakin). It's complicated if you want me to go into detail, PM me if you wanna know why she can't be succesfully trained. My reasons for saying this are based in starwars canon.

I can't believe that star wars is even starting to borrow from itself... :doh

I like EU, especially ANH-ESB-ROTJ-post ROTJ eras, at least some of the EU is better than what Georgie imagined for us in Prequels. But I'm not getting Talon since my collecting focus are OT Imperials - though after seeing a PF Stormtrooper in the future I wouldn't mind seeing some EU troopers as well...

:lecture This post is full of win.

I agree completely. But the worst and most popular of all is Django Fett. Looks the same but different, crappier color scheme. And his "prequel trilogy" backstory? Give me a break.

It doesn't have to be original to be entertaining. Granted the more original it is the better, but still...

My opinion is that he did that because people kept ^^^^^ing about needing to know the name, race and backround of every dang person who even showed a finger in any of the movies. He is just giving the people what they want. And whats wrong with making up new characters anyway.. if people don't like them they don't have to buy them.

Yeah, making this hot red alien chick wearing skimpy clothes and holding a lightsaber, sounds like a quick way to cash in.
Although cool, not sure I want to start getting stuff like this in my collection, especially when no one I know, will even know who this is.
Then for sure they will speculate, I only have this, because I must like hot alien chicks and drool over it when no ones around lol
I'm lucky I can collect this stuff in the first place, and my gf is ok with it. If I start getting hot alien chicks to display, red flags will probably go up in her head lol

My opinion is that he did that because people kept ^^^^^ing about needing to know the name, race and backround of every dang person who even showed a finger in any of the movies. He is just giving the people what they want. And whats wrong with making up new characters anyway.. if people don't like them they don't have to buy them.

QFT! :lecture :lecture :lecture

No one is putting a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to buy SSC's stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back