• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

large polystone sideshow balrog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadow-and-flame

Freakalicious
Reaction score
can anyone give us a good deal on the sideshow balrog. really want to get my hands on one so let me know if your thinking of selling, or if anyone knows where theres one on sale

i can trade a unopened sauron polystone statue, aragorn at the black gates on horse polystone statue, legolas greenleaf polystone statue, haradrim solier polystone statue, king of the dead polystone statue and gothmog on warg polystone statue.

...anything else?:lol You'll have to be a little more patient before someone can reply to your offer. It's a very sought after piece! Good Luck!

I wonder what your shipping total would be just to trade all those pieces :horror

Good luck on your search, seems to be a grail piece for many. I got the Balrog LSB, and that's good enough for me :D

I wonder what your shipping total would be just to trade all those pieces :horror

Good luck on your search, seems to be a grail piece for many. I got the Balrog LSB, and that's good enough for me :D

yeah i just secured a lsb late last week, hope to see it by the end of this week. i'll try to get some side by side pics with my daddy rog.
(and no it's not for sale, sorry:( NOT:lol)
what a prick ehhh.:rolleyes:

honestly though, it's amazing that a piece with and es of 1000 so rarely comes up for sale. i guess it's just one of them pieces that hits someones collection and seems to find a home forever.

Good luck getting one, you have great taste...one of the best in my collection :rock

I got mine for £400 ($750) but that was 4-5 years ago :lol :lol

its rediculous though the value it suppose to be worth now, and it doesnt look likely that im going to get one for a good deal. i want one more than anything but who is to say it will hold that value and not drop? i would rather wait until ss does a sculpture again of it with the sword instead which would look even better. which makes me think that ss should do it, everyone seems to think its a grail piece so they know people would buy it if they did another one.

The original SSW Balrog Statue is a grail of the LOTR because it is the original Balrog Statue and commands the most presence and detail on sculpt, plus it was made by SSW, the people who brought us the original statues from the film.
TBH, I dont think they would do another Balrog simply because it has been done to death, I think the only other variation that hasnt been done yet that people may consider buying would be Balrog Vs Gandalf on the Bridge.
However SSC are providing their own version of Gandalf Vs Balrog in the new Dio line which is due out soon I believe.

When you think about it ol 'Roggy has been done in many formats:
SSW Original Daddy Rog Statue
SSW Baby Rog
SSC Balrog LSB
SSC Balrog Vs Gandalf Dio

...so imo there are many more characters that need attention before another is done, but thats just me. Who knows, I may be wrong. :dunno
Shell
x :wave

its rediculous though the value it suppose to be worth now, and it doesnt look likely that im going to get one for a good deal. i want one more than anything but who is to say it will hold that value and not drop? i would rather wait until ss does a sculpture again of it with the sword instead which would look even better. which makes me think that ss should do it, everyone seems to think its a grail piece so they know people would buy it if they did another one.

I do see what you mean but the fact that you want it just shows that it is a stunning statue and well deserving of its status IMO, I mean why are you willing to trade SOOOOO much if it is not worth it? :)

Also remember that it was Sideshow/Weta that did this...a line that is no longer producing statues...this certainly helps its value increase :)

hey thanks for your help in bragging about getting one dude! just joking man, how much did ya pay for it?

if i recall it was $2K plus shipping, about 2 years ago.

when searching make sure that your not getting a damaged/repaired one.
the whip of course was prone to cracking and i've seen pics with his horns damaged also. another problem that they had was a sagging whip also, at least so i've been told anyways that mine is none sagging.
as for dropping in value, if you check toy tracker, most of the ssw pieces have been dropping in value, but the rog has held it's own even though if you check the history there has been a few damaged pieces sell for a discount. which will bring down the value on the site.

The original SSW Balrog Statue is a grail of the LOTR because it is the original Balrog Statue and commands the most presence and detail on sculpt, plus it was made by SSW, the people who brought us the original statues from the film.
TBH, I dont think they would do another Balrog simply because it has been done to death, I think the only other variation that hasnt been done yet that people may consider buying would be Balrog Vs Gandalf on the Bridge.
However SSC are providing their own version of Gandalf Vs Balrog in the new Dio line which is due out soon I believe.

When you think about it ol 'Roggy has been done in many formats:
SSW Original Daddy Rog Statue
SSW Baby Rog
SSC Balrog LSB
SSC Balrog Vs Gandalf Dio

...so imo there are many more characters that need attention before another is done, but thats just me. Who knows, I may be wrong. :dunno
Shell
x :wave

have to agree shell, i think ssc has done quite a few rog pieces, and with the latest vs dio's es set at 1000, and alot of people have expressed that it's definately not perfect. i can see this one sitting on the shelves at the warehouse for sometime:(. if it doesn't go over well after in hand pics start to show up, then i'm sure ssc won't be putting any effort into another rog piece.

sorry wasnt saying i would trade or that stuff, i dont even have all that stuff but i was willing to trade some of that stuff if someone was interested

sorry wasnt saying i would trade or that stuff, i dont even have all that stuff but i was willing to trade some of that stuff if someone was interested

Then I would probably make a little clearer if I were you :) Saves confusion

Good luck! :duff

Back