Statue Kotobukiya Wonder Woman 1/6 statue - Gal Gadot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't look as good their prototype but still way better likeness than Hot Toys current one. Great pics desertdragon and congrats!

I agree - I think the prototype has slightly better (less glossy?) skin tone, and the portrait isn't quite as detailed as on the prototype, but it's still a totally gorgeous piece... and thank you!!

Because Sideshow are quite adamant (except for a couple of rare examples) about using polystone for their face/human skin representation.

I'm not sure how polystone purists think about this, but I'm one of those who'd support Sideshow if they continue using high-quality transparent PVC at least for the faces of their figures. I've seen the new GL PF in person, and Sideshow did well with the use of the material. They were able to render skin pores on the headsculpt, overall sculpt is sharper (including the hair), and the paint looks fantastic on it.

I'm not sure how polystone purists think about this, but I'm one of those who'd support Sideshow if they continue using high-quality transparent PVC at least for the faces of their figures. I've seen the new GL PF in person, and Sideshow did well with the use of the material. They were able to render skin pores on the headsculpt, overall sculpt is sharper (including the hair), and the paint looks fantastic on it.

Eventually most/ all of their statues will use it IMO, I think its the future but sideshow are cautious to make the change. It will happen and I like that they have a different aesthetic. Just look at the new red sonja, how different it would look all transparent skin... for now I don't mind that sideshow is sticking to what they know as I don't think it will be the preferred medium in, say 10 years time

Eventually most/ all of their statues will use it IMO, I think its the future but sideshow are cautious to make the change. It will happen and I like that they have a different aesthetic. Just look at the new red sonja, how different it would look all transparent skin... for now I don't mind that sideshow is sticking to what they know as I don't think it will be the preferred medium in, say 10 years time

For comic based items the use of translucent type materials is not that necessary, but imo the same can't be said for movie based pieces where an actors likeness is key. And because of that I'm very hesitant in preordering any movie based pieces from Sideshow where natural human skin representation is needed.

I agree - I think the prototype has slightly better (less glossy?) skin tone, and the portrait isn't quite as detailed as on the prototype, but it's still a totally gorgeous piece... and thank you!!

I think the prototype was resin and the details got lost during the conversion process from resin to PVC. The problem with using PVC is that structural details are often lost during the conversion process from resin cast to PVC cast.

I'm not sure how polystone purists think about this, but I'm one of those who'd support Sideshow if they continue using high-quality transparent PVC at least for the faces of their figures.

Agreed, gives it a more natural soft skin look, but I think the biggest advantage of using PVC for head sculpts is that it able to retain skin texture better than polystone or something like that, thus giving the sculpt a more realistic look. This is why Blitzway uses PVC sculpts for their polystone statues, despite that they lose some structural details in the process.

I've seen the new GL PF in person, and Sideshow did well with the use of the material. They were able to render skin pores on the headsculpt, overall sculpt is sharper (including the hair), and the paint looks fantastic on it.

Just to clarify, the GL PF actually used translucent resin (same material Prime One uses for its human sculpts) and not PVC, but Sideshow has used PVC for their sculpts before though, like the sculpt for the Reeve PF, not to mention their MOS statue was made entirely out of PVC, granted that got a bad reception because they did that.

For comic based items the use of translucent type materials is not that necessary, but imo the same can't be said for movie based pieces where an actors likeness is key.

I agree with both points, there no need for it to be used on animated characters from a comic book, they are not even meant to look realistic, but pieces based on actors from movies is a must.

And because of that I'm very hesitant in preordering any movie based pieces from Sideshow where natural human skin representation is needed.

Well hopefully eventually they will start using it on pieces based on characters from movies, otherwise they will lose their fan base and more people will just buy Primes if they can get the same character from a movie that Sideshow offers, even it's above 1/4 scale.

Last edited:
Ahhh, that's it --- thanks for the correction, Darkavatar! I knew PVC was inaccurate info, had no time to check and verify as I was heading out soon after I made the comment earlier. Thanks buddy!

I ordered this from a ebay seller, all their other items are really cheap stuff except this one, I'm not getting a bootleg am I? :lol

Hope you don't mind the bump, but, I'm considering getting one of these. What colour are her lips in hand? In most pics and reviews of the production figure I've seen, the lips look bright red. However, in the pics on Michael Crawford's thread, both his and the ones posted by Nearmint, they look more a of a coral colour which matches her nails. The pics where the lips are paler show off the likeness to Gal better and they look more like the prototype does and in pics of Gal herself.

It's not a deal breaker by any means and either shade looks great, I just wanted a better idea what I might be in for

Hope you don't mind the bump, but, I'm considering getting one of these. What colour are her lips in hand? In most pics and reviews of the production figure I've seen, the lips look bright red. However, in the pics on Michael Crawford's thread, both his and the ones posted by Nearmint, they look more a of a coral colour which matches her nails. The pics where the lips are paler show off the likeness to Gal better and they look more like the prototype does and in pics of Gal herself.

It's not a deal breaker by any means and either shade looks great, I just wanted a better idea what I might be in for

It could be just lighting as well, but the production piece has lighter colored lips.

Got one the other day:

rvmjOaa.jpg

M3VWPDO.jpg

Love it! The arms were really loose, so I stuck Blu Tack in the sockets and they hold fine now. Also toned down her lips a bit as they were way too glossy:

YDC6DpD.jpg

All in all though, completely happy with her

this is one amazing statue. Love her. The sword makes putting her in front unlikely. Love that there is a switchout to make her BvS costumed.
UxCrRLy.jpg

She fits in rather well among other statues. I was happy they included the Wonder Woman option, I've not been overly fond of ensemble superhero movies.

Back