Statue Kotobukiya Justice League Movie ArtFx+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Koto had an extremely underrated SDCC showing, I think. The DCEU aesthetic is far from my favorite; but similar to their New 52 line, the metallic costumes and realistic flesh tones really play to Koto's strengths, making Cyborg and Wonder Woman the standouts. Superman looks like the weak link of the bunch, but the Cavill likeness is better than Iron Studios' BvS version.

Koto had an extremely underrated SDCC showing, I think. The DCEU aesthetic is far from my favorite; but similar to their New 52 line, the metallic costumes and realistic flesh tones really play to Koto's strengths, making Cyborg and Wonder Woman the standouts. Superman looks like the weak link of the bunch, but the Cavill likeness is better than Iron Studios' BvS version.

Neither one of them is spot on in the likeness but Iron Studios does look more realistic.

MOSvsMOS.jpg

Neither one of them is spot on in the likeness but Iron Studios does look more realistic.

MOSvsMOS.jpg

Do you have "Iron Studios" pinged on either forum so you can step in to defend them even when they're mentioned in non-IS threads? I have zero bias against them despite the QC issues I had with Harley, which you tried to downplay on Statue Forum by posting pics of your own. I even have their Darth Vader on order, so I'm rooting for them. However, you've expressed bias against PVC statues on several occasions. There is no point in comparing anything beyond the actual sculpt just based on promotional pictures. Both of those side-by-side promo images are professionally lit in almost entirely opposite way, neither of whch is particularly flattering of IS's translucent polystone (?) or Koto's colorcast PVC. We can do a real comparison once in-hand pics surface.

I want the wonder woman

Me too. I like the sculpt more than even the 1:6 ArtFX movie version and am digging the apparent added gold accents on the red part of her costume. It's too bad Koto isn't known to upscale these, like DC Collectibles sometimes does with their Designer Series. I would buy a bigger version of this WW on her own, much like did the Designer Batgirl and Harley from DCC's Batman Black & White line.

I wanted to get this line but I'll wait for the Iron Studios' JL line and compare both.

20226047_1125121667588632_3351719768297046016_n.jpg

Do you have "Iron Studios" pinged on either forum so you can step in to defend them even when they're mentioned in non-IS threads? I have zero bias against them despite the QC issues I had with Harley, which you tried to downplay on Statue Forum by posting pics of your own. I even have their Darth Vader on order, so I'm rooting for them. However, you've expressed bias against PVC statues on several occasions. There is no point in comparing anything beyond the actual sculpt just based on promotional pictures. Both of those side-by-side promo images are professionally lit in almost entirely opposite way, neither of whch is particularly flattering of IS's translucent polystone (?) or Koto's colorcast PVC. We can do a real comparison once in-hand pics surface.

What's got your panties in a wad? You made a statement about Koto being better likeness wise so I posted side by side pictures for a comparison... I even said both of them are not spot on likeness wise. Are you pissed because I said IS was more realistic looking? BTW, I did say that the Koto Wonder Woman turned out great... Just because I prefer Polystone over PVC doesn't mean I won't complement a good looking PVC statue.

I also have a valid reason for not liking PVC, I've had several PVC statues including a few Koto's that had issues with certain parts of the statue becoming sticky and tacky. Given it's a small percentage when you figure all the Koto PVC bishoujos I owned at one time but it was enough to turn me off to PVC.

Back