Statue Kotobukiya - Hulk (Classic Avengers Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawrence

Super Freak
Reaction score
Kotobukiya - Classic Avengers Series - Hulk 1/6 Scale "Fine Art Statue"

FIG-KAI-5174_01.jpg

FIG-KAI-5174_02.jpg

FIG-KAI-5174_03.jpg

FIG-KAI-5174_04.jpg

FIG-KAI-5174_05.jpg

FIG-KAI-5174_06.jpg

FIG-KAI-5174_07.jpg

FIG-KAI-5174_08.jpg

FIG-KAI-5174_09.jpg

FIG-KAI-5174_10.jpg

Last edited:
He looks cool! Can't wait to see the finish product, he'll look nice next to my Bowen Action Thor

Cool idea with the crushed car though. But it doesn't really look that nice.

The 'Classic Avengers' Hulk has an okay pose, but I think I might prefer the pose on this Koto Hulk:

greenhulkbb112508.jpg

I'm liking very much what I see here :rock

Looks Erick Sosa-ish, he's the sculptor I presume?
That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure.

Cool idea with the crushed car though. But it doesn't really look that nice.

The 'Classic Avengers' Hulk has an okay pose, but I think I might prefer the pose on this Koto Hulk:

greenhulkbb112508.jpg

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure.

I think the new sculpt looks like it can be great.

I always hated the hulk sculpt you posted. The mold of the abs and peck muscles is awful. It looks like an amature just plopped some clay onto the sculpt Blah...

Kotobukiya - Classic Avengers Series - Hulk 1/6 Scale "Fine Art Statue"

82002479.jpg

I sa this ealier today. If this turns out as good as this photo I will probably get it. But it will have to be at least as good as the photo.

With this being Fine Art does that mean it will be more of a resin and not the usual hard plastic. Won't get it if it's the hard plastic either.

I'm probably in the minority. I actually like the sculpt and style of koto's 2008 movie hulk, unfortunately that release was let down by a horrid paintjob. I even used a tooth polisher to polish his 'bloodied' teeth :slap

%252B%252B%252B%252BP1070988%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

If Erick is the sculptor for this, I do hope he moves away from the way he did the 'lumpy' muscles on that previous hulk too and sticks closer to what we see here.

Last edited:
Not crazy about the color green and something is off about the face from certain angles to me but overall pretty cool. I will probably pass because of the color.

Speaking of color did anyone see how bad Gentle Giant screwd up the Hulk bookend with bad paint apps? It's too bad because I love the sculpt.

IMG_1684_zps097883ab.jpg

I think the new sculpt looks like it can be great.

I always hated the hulk sculpt you posted. The mold of the abs and peck muscles is awful. It looks like an amature just plopped some clay onto the sculpt Blah...

The sculptor just followed the artist it was modeled after

Nice find Barry :hi5:

Yep, this is a really nice statue. I want to see how it looks next to other Koto's. Now I'm thinking I might get the Koto Spidey, even though I'm not really a fan of the way the black web lines were painted.

Here the new Hulk from Koto guys!

IMG_4872_zps89413990.jpg

IMG_48752_zpsa9825af2.jpg

IMG_48781_zps613dec82.jpg

IMG_48851_zps942bdab4.jpg

IMG_48891_zps672cda84.jpg

(Pics from Plastikitty.com)

Back