Koto Ralph McQuarrie concept piece

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang I hope this will be about $300 or less. If so - I'm all over it.

McQuarrie is my idol. His vision is missing from the new trilogy - hence why they sucked. I have 5 of his prints hand signed by him - including this exact image.

Most Kotos seem to be in the $60-$80 range, so even if these are priced as a set, I would think they might be had for around $125-$150.

Those look very cool. I actually love the concept Vader look very much. I was upset that they did not base the EPIII Vader suit off of this concept piece.

AmanaMatt said:
Those look very cool. I actually love the concept Vader look very much. I was upset that they did not base the EPIII Vader suit off of this concept piece.

That would've been a lot cooler than the symmetrical mask they used. It just looked off to me.

Now that I look at it I think it would look better with the jagged cape.. still sweet though.

Batty! Are those original sketches of McQuarrie that you have?!

If so - you are in danger from me. hehe

EDIT: Duh. I just noticed the watermarks.

This will probably be my first koto too. Can you imagine a whole series of these? Not just the sabertrooper, but also the Metropolis-like 3PO and R2?

Khev said:
Imagine how cool it would have been if they had used that original McQuarrie design for the suit Vader first puts on in ROTS. :vader

With the number of years that passed between ROTS and ANH, it would've be acceptable that Vader could've made modifications of that extent to his suit and armor.

Darth Waller said:
Yes it would!

Hope%2017.jpg

Ha, that imagine also has the concept Falcon in the back. I am really happy they are pulling more concept stuff for merchandise. I can't wait for Hasbro's stuff and as otheres have said, these may be my first Kotos.

Darklord Dave said:
This will probably be my first koto too. Can you imagine a whole series of these? Not just the sabertrooper, but also the Metropolis-like 3PO and R2?
I love the original concept painting for C-3po.

Here'a collection of concept sketches by McQuarrie, Mollo and Joe Johnston just for everyone's quick and easy reference.

Obi Wan by Mollo

MolloKenobi.jpg

Cantina Aliens - Mollo

MolloSketchesCantina.jpg

McQuarrie Stormie

StormtrooperConcept.jpg

McQuarrie Droids

McQuarrieDroidsConcept.jpg

Yoda

ConceptYoda.jpg

Leia

ConceptLeia.jpg

Fett

ConceptFettArt.jpg

ConceptFett.jpg

Obi-Wan

ConceptBenKenobi.jpg

Chewie

ChewbaccaConcept.jpg

Thanks for posting those, Swabie.

As a kid one of the first SW books I begged my parents to get me was The Art of Star Wars. Anyone who doesn't have a copy should get one.

Back