KONY 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lay off him, he was EXHAUSTED, DEHYDRATED (yeah, thats what they are saying)

Must have been a big spank party if he was effected that bad.

I guess theres a video of it also.

I wonder when all of these genius's will show up again to try to make all the people against this sham feel bad? :dunno

My favorite line from below is in the procrastinators second paragraph in his post. Massive respect huh? :lol

"People are missing the whole point of this campaign. The video says it about five times; the first thing that any group wanting to solve the problem has to do is give people the information to realize there even is a problem. How many people who have seen this video knew who Kony was before it went viral? Did people know what was going on in Africa? I know many people who did, but I know more who did not, and now they do. Whether or not people now turn around and donate to Invisible Children is not really the issue here. What is the issue is if people in the positions to affect change take notice, and then take action. The ICC has Kony at the top of their indicted list, and apparently some assistance is needed somewhere to actually capture him. If this video leads to a more public and fervent effort to do just that, then it will have been a success."

It's very easy to get cynical about these kinds of things, especially since the whole gig, reeks of hipsterish "involvement". I also have no illusions about the many grey areas of the matter that are not so widely reported, nor do I hold much faith in the sincerity of concern, of some of the high-profile people involved in this.

Still, that being said, one has to have nothing bit pure, massive respect for the main organizer of the the whole operation(the narrator of the video), who not only took his "I will do anything in my power" words to heart, but actually put them to effect in such a mind boggiling, global, and apparently effective way. We've all seen hundreds of various good-will campaigns in which first-world, spoiled, college students poured their hearts out for the misery of the third-world, and nothing concrete ever came out of it. This one seems to be having, a real-world, measurable effects, and thats rare. Not to mention, that on a very logistical level, the whole endeavour is incredibly impressive, even though we've seen many different internet movements before. The whole thing obviously isn't the brain child of just one man, but the very fact that he was actually able to concive and take on such massive, pragmatic, practical use of the internet to get concrete, globe-spanning effects is, well...hats off to You good sir. That's some massive balls right there.

Wow I can't believe the negativity in this thread - utterly shameful

This is a very noble cause and I would've honoured to help in any way I can, and I will

Is this guy done with his soapbox?

Wonder how many Americans know where North Dakota is....

Ugh... like Pacific Beach needs this kind of crap... maybe he thought he was in Ocean Beach... :lol (local joke...)
Anyway, you cannot make this ____ up seriously... what a ******!!

Yeah no crazy people in PB :lol

Maybe he calls his _____ Kony and we actually succeeded in making him famous and whacking him all in one glorious night. Good to know he was giving exposure to his own invisible children.

I wonder when all of these genius's will show up again to try to make all the people against this sham feel bad? :dunno

My favorite line from below is in the procrastinators second paragraph in his post. Massive respect huh? :lol

Soon as I heard Crosby was coming back I lost interest... :)

Still think there is zero reason to hate on this, especially if it doesnt cost you a dime.

Soon as I heard Crosby was coming back I lost interest... :)

Still think there is zero reason to hate on this, especially if it doesnt cost you a dime.

It cost millions of dopes 300 dimes. That's where the hate comes from. Some people get frustrated watching people throw away money to a bogus company abroad. Especially when it could have been used to help those in need here.

That said I hope Crosby is making the right choice. Hate to see him down for good.

It cost millions of dopes 300 dimes. That's where the hate comes from. Some people get frustrated watching people throw away money to a bogus company abroad. Especially when it could have been used to help those in need here.

That said I hope Crosby is making the right choice. Hate to see him down for good.

Your right, i was set to toss away my money, clicked a few links and thought otherwise.

claustrophobia must have gotten to him from being locked in a closet for so long.

300 dimes ? what are you Mafioso ?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32PBZ870ymg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

omg-1.gif

lolol-meme-face-gif.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back