Kier Valkyrie of the Dead Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got her today!

She looks great next to Jack!

PZ2miDi.jpg

The pictures of her are so stunning but the whole issue with the arm has me so worried.

I had been waiting for in hand pics before ordering but the arm issue is really causing me to think twice.

I'm not good with fixes & I'd be worried I'd screw the glue method up & being in the UK returns can be a bit of a pain in the bum so I'm really, really in 2 minds.

I wish there was something forthcoming from Sideshow direct about this being a manufacturing defect or something & it will be resolved but for them to just ship it out & not worry about it & expect us as the buyer to just accept it & fix it for them, seems like bad practice especially considering the costs.

Neil

The pictures of her are so stunning but the whole issue with the arm has me so worried.

I had been waiting for in hand pics before ordering but the arm issue is really causing me to think twice.

I'm not good with fixes & I'd be worried I'd screw the glue method up & being in the UK returns can be a bit of a pain in the bum so I'm really, really in 2 minds.

I wish there was something forthcoming from Sideshow direct about this being a manufacturing defect or something & it will be resolved but for them to just ship it out & not worry about it & expect us as the buyer to just accept it & fix it for them, seems like bad practice especially considering the costs.

Neil

You really shouldn't worry..it's a 10 minute super glue fix on the peg...or get some museum putty for a few dollars/pounds...it's very minor in the grand scheme of things.. It really is outstanding! Nothing in the consumer world is perfect...honestly nothing..:)

You really shouldn't worry..it's a 10 minute super glue fix on the peg...or get some museum putty for a few dollars/pounds...it's very minor in the grand scheme of things.. It really is outstanding! Nothing in the consumer world is perfect...honestly nothing..:)

I know I shouldn't really & it does seem easy but I still think I'll balls it up somehow & then it will fall out anyway lol

I might think on it & see what else comes through & hear how other peoples come out.

I really want her though.

Neil

I love mine soundwave.. she had no arm peg issue, but after 15 years of sideshow quality control.. this is very minor IMO..:) I hope you get here before she's gone..:)

I love mine soundwave.. she had no arm peg issue, but after 15 years of sideshow quality control.. this is very minor IMO..:) I hope you get here before she's gone..:)

I am still seriously considering her.

I just had a quick look on You Tube to see if there were any videos of the fix to the arm but no one seems to have done one.

I just want to get a better idea of where to use the glue & how much really so if I do grab her I know what to do straight away ;)

Arrggghhh why couldn't she have had no issues ;) lol

Neil

Can't believe how casual the response seems to be about a major chunk of an expensive statue falling off is! Has everyone who has loose arm problems contacted SS? I have asked if it is possible for it to be checked prior to shipping out to me in the UK or if it can be somehow strengthened before shipping. She looks stunning and well worth the pre-order wait though.

Here are some pics. Not as great as others have posted but here they are anyways.

Sideshow shipped me a replacement arm that actually fit looser than the original:slap:slap:slap

Dried superglue trick works just fine though.

Attachments

• 20160325_213036_resized[1].jpg
    20160325_213036_resized[1].jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 252
  • 20160325_213108_resized[1].jpg
    20160325_213108_resized[1].jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 20160325_213134_resized[1].jpg
    20160325_213134_resized[1].jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 253
  • 20160325_213232_resized_1[1].jpg
    20160325_213232_resized_1[1].jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 252
Sorted Her arm out, opted not to go for glue incase it somehow stuck as you never know, so just grabbed clear nail polish gave the pin a few coats and voilà

DSC_0400_zpsjs6k5ype.jpg

DSC_0401_zpsknahgdso.jpg

What gets me is how great the paint came out on this one. Kind of gives me hope. :)

I just want SS to continue the line! :rock

What gets me is how great the paint came out on this one. Kind of gives me hope. :)

I just want SS to continue the line! :rock

I agree.. for the longest time I lost interest in this line because there were no products.. just prints.. and one PF.. BUT.. Now I see the fruits of SSC's labor.. I own the Siren, and "O the Executioner/and hound" .. next will be this .. If SSC can't make awesome PF's of their own properties the end is near...LOL! So far I've been very pleased!

I'm very interested in getting this, but also concerned about the arm issue. This statue turned out fantastic.

Had a reply from SS regarding concerns about the arm. They are 'unaware of any issues' regarding this piece but state ...'however, with any hand crafted collectible, there are likely to be some flaws accounted for.'

They have agreed to inspect Kier for me prior to shipping, specifically for fitting issues, so it's a case of 'wait and see'.

Back