Keeping Statues and Figures in your Garage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll keep this thread up if there isn't already another thread about it but my search came up dry.

We are moving in September but we have SO much crap that we want to get a move on with packing. We want to store the 12" and some busts in the garage. We have a lot of 6" in there (been there for over a year) and have been fine. Also have stored photos in there for a long time in the heat/cool and haven't had issues.

Has anyone ever had any issues with storing figures, statues, etc in their garage? Over how long a period was it if so? I just need from now until the middle-end of September.

i'm in florida and the heat kills all. i have storage for my collectibles and it's climate controlled. they look like the day i put them in there. i don't like to take chances with my stuff. why don't you rent a small climate controlled storage space for a couple of months? can't cost more than a $100 or two.

i'm in florida and the heat kills all. i have storage for my collectibles and it's climate controlled. they look like the day i put them in there. i don't like to take chances with my stuff. why don't you rent a small climate controlled storage space for a couple of months? can't cost more than a $100 or two.

Well, I need to save up a lot in 3 months so I'm going to say no to the extra cost of storage. Not that I haven't thought of it. I wont be putting any pf's out there. Although I have had Ms. Marvel's head out there for about a year and it's also fine...

Last edited:
I'll keep this thread up if there isn't already another thread about it but my search came up dry.

We are moving in September but we have SO much crap that we want to get a move on with packing. We want to store the 12" and some busts in the garage. We have a lot of 6" in there (been there for over a year) and have been fine. Also have stored photos in there for a long time in the heat/cool and haven't had issues.

Has anyone ever had any issues with storing figures, statues, etc in their garage? Over how long a period was it if so? I just need from now until the middle-end of September.

Your Good Christina on the statues, just make sure they are packed up well, the only issues I ever had was Action figures still on the Blister not all just some and they started to separate from the card and some started to turn yellow but that was over the years and there are still some lying around in the garage in a bag that the heat has done nothing to but my statues and resin figures are still good that I have put out there.

Good Luck with the Move and Storage my Friend
Al

Of there are inside the box , there is no problem, but it's only the case in ca. Cause it's not too hot

I sure hope not cause mine have been in the garage for 1+ year and I live in Houston :p

Just make sure its secure. Last summer someone broke in to my garage and ripped off about 3k worth of figures I had stored in there, because I didn't have space in my living room to display them all. :monkey2
AND I didn't have insurance! :gah:

Just make sure its secure. Last summer someone broke in to my garage and ripped off about 3k worth of figures I had stored in there, because I didn't have space in my living room to display them all. :monkey2
AND I didn't have insurance! :gah:

That Sounds Very Suspicious

My first thought as well. Someone knew you had those figs in there....
The only person that had access to my yard where my garage is (detached) was the lawnmower guy. I even sent the cops over to his house, but they said there was nothing they could do because there was no evidence he had access to the garage. In hindsight I guess it could have been anybody. I have an alley behind the garage, and anybody could have jumped the fence I guess and looked inside because it has one of those old fashioned doors that allow you to "look" in. My stuff was on shelves in boxes, but marked. It was my own fault for NOT having insurance, and NOT having the figures and collectibles IN MY HOUSE, instead of outside in the garage.
Live and learn. *insert kicking my own @ss gif*

Be careful and make sure you have INSURANCE!! :)

Thank you all for the responses. Ave, I'm sorry for all theft. That has to be tough. I won't be putting anything major out there. Really just a few Harry potter busts, a few 12" and some 6". Again everyone, thank you!

Thank you all for the responses. Ave, I'm sorry for all theft. That has to be tough. I won't be putting anything major out there. Really just a few Harry potter busts, a few 12" and some 6". Again everyone, thank you!

Where you moving to Christina? Round Rock?

Back