Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY *** COMING BACK IN DECEMBER 2013!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Kaustic Plastik: HEROIK MUSCLE BODY ***PRODUCTION PICTURES PAGE 26!!!!

For me the KP pegs were too loose in the boots... they just fell off. That is why I kept the HT pegs and just shaved the top end down a bit.

Looks great GB. My bodies are at home, but I'm still out.

As for loose pegs, cut a small square section from a sandwich bag to take up the slack.

For me the KP pegs were too loose in the boots... they just fell off. That is why I kept the HT pegs and just shaved the top end down a bit.

I just used a bit of Teflon tape to build up the bottom of the KP pegs so they'd fit the HT sockets. No shaving needed.

The T1 and Remake Leatherface look great!

Went ahead and ordered a 3rd body from Monkey Depot (they have them in stock) so I could use my 2nd one to upgrade Dutch. Couple notes on the conversion I did hollow out the neck like King suggested, the hands fit on the KP pegs w/o any mods but I did shave down the top ball of the HT ankle joints so they would work with the slightly smaller KP ankle opening.

kkq.jpg

kkr.jpg

kks.jpg

kkt.jpg

Can you post a pic of the inside of dutch's head so I can see what you did to it exactly?

I personally tried this with the KP body and the Dutch head and I have to be honest in the flesh it looks ridiculous. The head is way too small for this body. The pics above look ok but thats just due to the angles. Be warned, I wouldn't recommend this body if ur looking to swap out your old dutch body. It is however a great body and works well with the other Hot Toys arnie heads.

That's more a failing of hot toys. Dutch's head is too small on just about every body. Even his own

Can you post a pic of the inside of dutch's head so I can see what you did to it exactly?

check post #633 for a pic of what the inside of the hs looks like.

I personally tried this with the KP body and the Dutch head and I have to be honest in the flesh it looks ridiculous. The head is way too small for this body. The pics above look ok but thats just due to the angles. Be warned, I wouldn't recommend this body if ur looking to swap out your old dutch body. It is however a great body and works well with the other Hot Toys arnie heads.

The Dutch HS looks too small on the HT body too, so at least with the KP body he can hold the rifle with 2 hands. :)

I'll respectfully disagree with you... the head is a bit small, but nothing that is overly distracting once you remove some of the inside of the sculpt in order for it to sit lower. Now if you used an unmodified head it would look very bad.

So no trickery of the camera here (especially considering the first shot is a straight on angle :huh), it looks just as good in hand as in my photos.

DeathAsylum is right... I pretty much did what King did. Although I also took off just a bit of the plastic behind his jaw off as well to give it a more natural shape. I'll post a pic of that later today :duff

On a side note the KP hands are an excellent alterative for your t 1000. I mean they look more to scale than the large hands he was packaged with.

I dremeled out the inside of Dutch's head too so it would sit lower on the neck. Did anybody else that did this take off the neck peg and take the socket out from the KP body like I did? My head just sits on the rubbery neck now but looks way better than before.

I cut the the neck ring on Dutch (the inner piece of rubber) in half when I originally got him to correct the originial giraffe neck issue. So for this after I hollowed out the head a bit the 2nd neck peg that came with the KP now holds the Dutch head in place.

Looks great GB. My bodies are at home, but I'm still out.

As for loose pegs, cut a small square section from a sandwich bag to take up the slack.

I just used a bit of Teflon tape to build up the bottom of the KP pegs so they'd fit the HT sockets. No shaving needed.

Both good suggestions... shaving worked fine and was easy to do. But those seem even a bit easier still :lol Guess there really is more than one way to skin a cat :lecture

Both good suggestions... shaving worked fine and was easy to do. But those seem even a bit easier still :lol Guess there really is more than one way to skin a cat :lecture

this cat hates the #12 way........
SkinnedCat.jpg

Damn that is just sad looking :lol :lol

are the forearms on the right side now?

HeroikBodyforearmadjust800x471.jpg
I think the way you have them here is correct because of the striations on the muscle. A real persons forearms with their arms hanging at their sides have the striations on the outside like yours shows. The way the factory assembled them the striations were on the inside.

Personally I am fine with this look.

beetlejuice,head,martinez,small-f8145e699de17323023a02910455f796_h.jpg

Here's a shot showing the neckline... like I said I just removed a little bit behind the jaw which allowed the head (imo) to sit a bit better.

aa70e8f1.jpg

Heres a few pics from my WIP T-800 police shootout bash, still needs some more stuff to finish but I thought I would show my progress so far.

what pants would fit this body? is it bigger around the waist then the barney ross bodies

Dutch's pants fit just fine on him, so I assume it's a similar size to the Ross and T-800 bodies.

Back