Katniss Hunger Games Mockingjay Red Armor review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hunger Games has never gotten the sixth scale love, but Star Ace is doing what they can to rectify that. Their second figure of Katniss is now shipping, and it's a big improvement over their first. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-090219a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_mockkat_large.jpg

I'm surprised that you rated it so highly and kept talking about how much of a step-up it was from the last release. Other than the color of the outfit i'm not seeing much if any difference.

Last edited:
Your Star Ace reviews are always so highly rated, i don?t get it.

This looks exactly like the last figure.

There's something odd about your Star Ace reviews. The figures cost Hot Toys money, they generally look like bootleg releases, and they're always rated highly.

I know reviews are subjective but find it hard to believe that this Star Ace Katniss and Hot Toys IW Black Widow are both 3/4 figures, when Black Widow looks so much better.

maybe the original Star Ace release was so crappy that this 2nd release blew it out of the water (easily)

"this is certainly worth the high end market"

eh, Star ACE is not high end. It is more like a cheap McDonald burger listed for $20 and pretended to be high end.

Thanks for giving your "personal opinion" anyway. Would help if you have the original version and this new version side by side. That way, we can see if this was a "step up" from the original overpriced yet poorly executed version

maybe the original Star Ace release was so crappy that this 2nd release blew it out of the water (easily)

Just from the pictures I've seen, this looks like a substantial step up from the first one in that this is actually recognizable as Jennifer Lawrence; the likeness here is actually quite good, and every picture I've seen of the first one makes it look like it had a likeness on par with their teen Ron or Hermione.

Just from the pictures I've seen, this looks like a substantial step up from the first one in that this is actually recognizable as Jennifer Lawrence; the likeness here is actually quite good, and every picture I've seen of the first one makes it look like it had a likeness on par with their teen Ron or Hermione.
Really? Im pretty sure its just the same sculpt.

The clothes are definitely the same.

Really? Im pretty sure its just the same sculpt.

The clothes are definitely the same.

Perhaps it is the same sculpt? I just remember seeing this thread and being horrified, and then looking at the prototype pictures for preorder and seeing no resemblance whatsoever to JLaw.

That said, one of those pictures in the first link makes it look like it could potentially be the same sculpt, just perhaps with a better paint job in the newer figure, but the other two have no resemblance whatsoever, and the same goes for the preorder prototype pics. Maybe it was just bad lighting in the other pictures though?

Back