Kaiyodo: Alien Big Chap

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! First of all congratulations for your collectiom! It's awesome! Just two questions.I am interesred in a 1/4 scale alien and i diubt between neca's new one and kaiyodo would you recommend kaiyodo? Could you post more pictures? Where did you buy it? Thanks:)

I also have the kaiyodo and the first version of the neca....
I suggest the neca for half the price and for somewhat better accuracy. The kaiyodo is nice but is somewhat stylized and a little soft on the details...the color is excellent however and I love the dome effect better on this than Neca's.

Neca ... 2.0 is looking good, but as some pointed out, the proportions of the head are still wrong...I thought tank am would've used the Sano version as a reference for the overall shape at least, but it seems he hasn't.... image.jpg
image.jpg

It's worth keeping in mid that the Sano piece is based on the original sculpture made by Giger, which differs somewhat from the hero heads made by Rambaldi (and indeed the actual suit with Badejo in it), which is what Tankman has based his sculpt on.
Of course, Tankman's sculpt still is not perfect, due in some cases to personal choices I'd wager, but it's still the closest we have to Bolaji Badejo in the suit and the Rambaldi head in action.

It's worth keeping in mid that the Sano piece is based on the original sculpture made by Giger, which differs somewhat from the hero heads made by Rambaldi (and indeed the actual suit with Badejo in it), which is what Tankman has based his sculpt on.
Of course, Tankman's sculpt still is not perfect, due in some cases to personal choices I'd wager, but it's still the closest we have to Bolaji Badejo in the suit and the Rambaldi head in action.

The suit did at times look like the original Giger sculpt, depending on which head they used.

alien-1979-34-g.jpg

I think the most accurate likeness we've gotten in figure form so far is Medicom's RAH Alien from a few years ago. Sadly, not the best paint detail, articulation, durability, nor size.

900216_press02-001.jpg

Yeah, paint apps and articulation are pretty basic on that one, but mine still holds up perfectly, no sign of rubber deterioration anywhere.

Back