Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 3-year-old son would love the gate and the green TRex. He is always creating a Jurassic Park with all his dinosaurs. I may jump in for him.

The numbers were creeping up so slowly that Mattel opened international preorders 4,000 backers early lol.

I hope it gets to at least 8k, but it's not looking as good as I'd hoped.

The Explorer has nice upgraded details though, but I'd be annoyed to display it with the regular one I already have
There's a way to deal with that.

postrexplorer.jpg

It would be a crime not to release this individually at some point.

View attachment 647237
That’s literally the only thing I want from this set. I backed it, but if it doesn’t look like it’s going to reach the 8,000 backers I’m out. My collection has been very exclusive to the dinosaurs. The only human/non-dino collectible I have is the one I was required to get with the female JP3 raptor.

I really like the gate and fence together, when I was a kid I always wanted the Kenner Compound set but was never able to get it. If this doesn't even make it to 6k for the fence parts, it's not worth it. The gate by itself should be $150 max.

Not even at 25% backed yet, so not looking good at all.

The problem is I don’t think they thought it through enough. You have to make your tier 1 package feel close to worth the asking price, otherwise people aren’t going to back it out of fear of only getting something not even close to worth the cost because the whole collection doesn’t get enough backers.

Haslab adds bonus items at tiers, but the initial tier always gets you the main thing that’s worth the cost.

To follow a Hasbro model, this should have been fence, gates, Rex and Jeep to start, then one of the kids at tier 2, then the other kid at tier 3, and the signs at tier 4.

That’s literally the only thing I want from this set. I backed it, but if it doesn’t look like it’s going to reach the 8,000 backers I’m out. My collection has been very exclusive to the dinosaurs. The only human/non-dino collectible I have is the one I was required to get with the female JP3 raptor.
Where can you cancel? I don't see any option for it.

I really like the gate and fence together, when I was a kid I always wanted the Kenner Compound set but was never able to get it. If this doesn't even make it to 6k for the fence parts, it's not worth it. The gate by itself should be $150 max.

Not even at 25% backed yet, so not looking good at all.
Looks like Mattel "listened" and lowered the # of backers required to unlock some of the tiers.

8,000 unlocks everything now including the goat and Lex (i think it was 10k before).

I really want the goat and Lex but I doubt this is even reaching the minimum 5k to get funded to begin with.

Was shopping with my kiddo and saw the Hammond collection T rex and was blown away at how cool it was so I had to have it for myself…and now I’m on the verge of collecting JP figures again… I haven’t fully taken it out yet, I wanna save it for Christmas, but have been admiring it in the package. What an awesome figure! definitely brings me back to when I picked out my first JP Rex (LW Thrasher). Also picked up Malcolm and accidentally ordered the Amber line Dr. Grant, thinking it was the HC line:slap. Speaking of, I cannot find the HC (JP) Dr. Grant at a reasonable price. Was this figure flying off the shelves or something?

I'm glad they've improved the Rex some, but I already customized my original Hammond version with nice feet with articulated toes, much better transparent eyes, and better teeth. I'm satisfied at this point. The Explorer has nice upgraded details though, but I'd be annoyed to display it with the regular one I already have

UaekGnq.png
Whoa…those feet are incredible! how’s the range of the toes? do they move up and down? Man…I may have to look into this..

Back