Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that looks great. Any word on if this was based off the SWS maquette?
There's a thread for it in the Statues section now, but yes, this is based on one of the Winston maquettes:

ls2dynhvot471.jpg

Sounds like the paint app on the prototype at SDCC isn't final and will be updated under Steve Wang's direction, possibly to look closer to the production maquettes (which had the darker color we see in the film).

this is the first time I tried buying an sdcc exclusive for JP.

Do you guys think the after market price for this will get closer to retail in the future?

Well, it was gone soon. Missed it, and so angry with dozens of e-bay posts with double prices. Hate this scammer business in this hobby.

What time did you try to purchase?

Not sure when the JP set sold out but I got my confirmation email at 9:03 am.

To make it more nerve wracking, I gambled and added 4 SDCC Mattel items to my cart (JP, Knight Rider, MOTU 40th 2-Pack and WWE No Holds Barred). Also, there was a CAPTCHA verification to further slow down my check out. :lol

The only item I initially had trouble getting was the He-Man 2-pack - it kept going in and out of stock and I had to refresh several times before I could secure it.

Judging by the screenshots people are posting on ebay, $6.95

Yeah, i was surprised it was a flat $6.95 no matter how many items in the cart.

I had 6 unique items (7 total since I got 2 of the WWE No Holds Barred).

What time did you try to purchase?

Not sure when the JP set sold out but I got my confirmation email at 9:03 am.

To make it more nerve wracking, I gambled and added 4 SDCC Mattel items to my cart (JP, Knight Rider, MOTU 40th 2-Pack and WWE No Holds Barred). Also, there was a CAPTCHA verification to further slow down my check out. :lol

The only item I initially had trouble getting was the He-Man 2-pack - it kept going in and out of stock and I had to refresh several times before I could secure it.
It was like half an hour after the order opened (I actually had a reminder but was busy at the moment), I reloaded the page where it was still available and "sold out". That was a pissing experience. :)

The SDCC set was gonna be my backup but luckily wasn’t necessary since I was able to score a Hammond Rex at Target today. Amazing thing. Coming from Mattel at $50, it’s obviously not perfect but this is THE T-Rex I’ve wanted since I was a kid.
My main want would have been a swappable pre-bent tail, since the one it comes with isn’t quite articulated enough to get it all the way around like in the rotunda scene at the end of the original.

Ha, another fail. Now Target has canceled my order because I was using a forwarding company (as I am located in Ukraine). And money is on hold for 30 days. Argh. Life is pain. I have options either pay extra on e-bay or get it from Amazon (if I am lucky).

After having this figure for a week and messing with it I’ve had a chance to give a thought out review.

My main thoughts are:
1. The point of articulation on the ribs is loose, therefore I can’t rely on that to aid in a pose.
2. The feet are MASSIVE! However, that’s going to be fixed soon with Rod’s Random Work; he’s made articulated feet that are more to scale.
3. The eyes are really cool…at select angles. Most angles they look like yellow BBs, still a cool affect and I’m glad they went that route over traditionally painted eyes.
4. The neck has a section, closest to the body, that’s a rubber sleeve. It helps in articulation and was a pleasant surprise.
5. The paint on the tail and knees isn’t super durable. Mine has slight chipping already and it’s only been posed lightly.
6. The overall sculpt is beautiful, some of the proportions are a little weird but it has an impressive shelf presence.
7. The left arm articulation is very tight, it spins at the base of the body while the hinge is stuck.

I do not regret getting this figure one bit, I love it and will 100% get every other Hammond Collection dinosaur they make. Sculpt is a 9/10, paint is 8/10 and articulation is a 10/10 (there’s nothing I’d liked to have added.)

The Ceratosaurus, Triceratops, Dilophosaurus and Gallimimus look stunning. I’m excited to see what’s after those! I truly hope there’s not a plethora of velociraptors to follow.

Here’s some photos of Rod’s new Rex feet and the Hammond Collection Dilophosaurus.

Attachments

• C31B2EA3-DB77-44B6-B69D-F9C5166138E7.jpeg
    C31B2EA3-DB77-44B6-B69D-F9C5166138E7.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 0
  • E959F1B2-DB49-454B-A58B-7EC7C7E40921.jpeg
    E959F1B2-DB49-454B-A58B-7EC7C7E40921.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DB959A4C-B454-447B-BFD5-14073ED81526.jpeg
    DB959A4C-B454-447B-BFD5-14073ED81526.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
After having this figure for a week and messing with it I’ve had a chance to give a thought out review.

My main thoughts are:
1. The point of articulation on the ribs is loose, therefore I can’t rely on that to aid in a pose.
2. The feet are MASSIVE! However, that’s going to be fixed soon with Rod’s Random Work; he’s made articulated feet that are more to scale.
3. The eyes are really cool…at select angles. Most angles they look like yellow BBs, still a cool affect and I’m glad they went that route over traditionally painted eyes.
4. The neck has a section, closest to the body, that’s a rubber sleeve. It helps in articulation and was a pleasant surprise.
5. The paint on the tail and knees isn’t super durable. Mine has slight chipping already and it’s only been posed lightly.
6. The overall sculpt is beautiful, some of the proportions are a little weird but it has an impressive shelf presence.
7. The left arm articulation is very tight, it spins at the base of the body while the hinge is stuck.

I do not regret getting this figure one bit, I love it and will 100% get every other Hammond Collection dinosaur they make. Sculpt is a 9/10, paint is 8/10 and articulation is a 10/10 (there’s nothing I’d liked to have added.)

The Ceratosaurus, Triceratops, Dilophosaurus and Gallimimus look stunning. I’m excited to see what’s after those! I truly hope there’s not a plethora of velociraptors to follow.

Here’s some photos of Rod’s new Rex feet and the Hammond Collection Dilophosaurus.
I was wondering if some enterprising person out there would make better feet, those available for purchase?

Nice pics!

Normally, I unbox figures but I think I'm going to display this in-box and not open.

Back