Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be extremely cautionary buying up front on their products. The few CC things I've handled and seen have not wowed me at all.

The raptor is definitely way too pricey. Grant doesn’t really look like a $230 figure to me either. I guess gone are the days when a lesser know or new to 1/6 company offers figures for less than HT.

Just got my Amber Collection Raptor delivered. Was disappointed to see the tail is rubber with a wire, especially since it's attached in a tight package and the tip is permanent form on an odd angle. It does remind of the woes of the 93 Rex tail.

I was also surprised by the size, i expected it to be the same size as Raptors in the Basics line, but it's a bit smaller.

Aside from those points, she's great, the posability is so much fun to work with and good joint quality, just playing for a few minutes already got John Williams music playing in my head. A great surprise was that the inner toe claws articulate in the tapping motion, great feature. The paint, while lacking detail, has a great mix of tones and makes it a much nicer looking figure to have on display without a pro repaint than the 4" line.

All in all, she was worth the money, can't wait to see the Dilophosaurus. i'm upset we're getting 6" Nedry before 4" though.

I've checked every Target in town and they're all sold out. I was wanting to use this week's coupon to get a colossal Rex as well.

A lot on FB are buying multiples so it’ll be tough to find. I think I’m one of the few that only bought one.

Wonder if Mattel would put out an Amber Collection Rexy. Ideally they'd use the existing Super Colossal sculpt, but with sharpened detail on the body (as-is, it's quite obvious they simply scaled up a smaller sculpt) and added articulation. At least as many joints as the Extreme Chompin' in the neck and head, but with more in the legs and possibly the torso. As for the paint app, proper realistic tones would be nice. Not a fan of the hot pink they used on the Amber Collection raptor's mouth as it really cheapens the look.

Raptor’s mouth is definitely where the quality drops, mouth shut it looks great, mouth open, still looks cool, but it’s clearly a toy.

I’d be curious to see an Amber Rexy, added articulation would be fun, but making the teeth better would definitely be a must.

Was disappointed to see the tail is rubber with a wire, especially since it's attached in a tight package and the tip is permanent form on an odd angle.

I was disappointed by that too - not enough to ruin the figure for me - but boy do I hate rubber and, even worse, the addition of a bendy wire.

Literally dreaming of a T Rex for this line- Raptors might be my favorite toy ever so i feel that can only be topped by a rex

...would also love a triceratops but that?s just cause it?s my favorite Dino.....basically just keep this amber line comin Mattel!

I'm sure larger dinos are under consideration, just pending the success of the smaller pieces first.

So far, we're 6 figures into this line.

Owen
Malcolm
Nedry
Raptor
Blue
Dilophosaurus

They're certainly putting in effort.

With a Rex, I don't know if it would look right, but I'd prefer to see neck articulation like the Raptor more so than the Extreme Chompin Rex, it hides better than the EC with covering seems at both ends. The actual posability of the EC Rex is great though, imaging that, plus more in the legs and an articulated jaw instead of a play feature.

Have they given any kind of timeline on Owen, Nedry, Blue and Dilo? Do we know if they will all be GameStop Exclusives? As far as exclusives go it was pretty painless ordering them online compared to other toy exclusives.

Hopefully they get to Grant and Sattler soon too and Muldoon. Those are my biggest other wants for the line along with a T-Rex (although the super colossal it’s that bad at all)

Has anyone had any luck getting the package deal on the Amber Ian and raptor toship from GameStop? It says it’s in stock on their site but I have now canceled and re order 4 times and it still just sits there processing for days and when I call no one can tell me anything other than it should go out soon or I should
Cancel and re order.....this is getting extremely frustrating...

I saw CC's Grant and Raptor went up on BBTS. I'll still probably go with the CC for the exclusive. I keep looking at the Raptor and trying to figure out the articulation, the details say 12 points but it looks like more, but still not a lot.

I can't tell if there's 'ankle' articulation or not, so not counting that, 2 on each leg = 4. 3 on each arm = 6. Neck and Jaw = 2. There is also at least one of the toe claws for articulation the big claw. I guess as I write it out, they're not counting that and then everything else I counted adds up to 12. It's kind of too little for me, at a $450 piece. I should put that towards a Jazzinc product lol.

Woah what a 1/6 JP Velociraptor figure?!?!? That's friggin' fantastic! It would definitely be a stand out in the collection, an in scale film dinosaur among superheroes.

The prototype raptor looks great, but from what I've seen they can't deliver that quality with the final product. I cancelled the Breakout Rex several years back after I saw in hand pics.

At $350 I probably wouldnt hesitate.

Back