Joss Whedon and the Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
idk, i'm an avengers fan but kinda hot and cold on this news, he does write a comic but can he pull this off, don't know.....he does do a good job of handling\juggling multiple characters on screen at once.

Joss is a GREAT idea. He's already VERY familiar with the Marvel world and DEFINTELY adds that extra element in terms of story-telling, etc.

You can't go wrong with this guy in my opinion.

underworld17011106.jpg
>
joss_whedon.jpg

Anyone who's read Astonishing X-Men knows that Whedon would rock.

After reading Astonishing X-Men, Joss has shown that he can handle the superhero genre respectively. I wished he would have helmed the X-Men franchise after Singer bounced out. I wouldn't mind if this happens but rumors are now that DC Entertainment has restructured that they are looking at him to continue that Wonder Woman treatment that was dropped oh so long ago.

I completely support the idea of Joss doing this. He's just brilliant. I have more to say on this but I'll do it later.

People seem to forget that Jon Favreau only had Elf and Zathura as his experiences with Hollywood blockbusters before Ironman. It was quite a leap of faith that paid off.

And Joss has SERENITY!!! :banana:banana:banana

It's about time that Hollywood put their faith in Joss.

Joss Whedon is the best news the Avengers fans could hope for. This director can handle the ensemble Avengers cast with the ease that he has shown with Firefly / Serenity. I am now looking forward to this film as much as I am to Iron Man 2

Old Grandpa

I'm just hoping that the rumor of Joss as Avengers' director becomes a reality.

Joss Whedon is the best news the Avengers fans could hope for. This director can handle the ensemble Avengers cast with the ease that he has shown with Firefly / Serenity. I am now looking forward to this film as much as I am to Iron Man 2

Old Grandpa

I need not say any more. Cause that summed it all up for me. Guess I could have added a "here, here!"

:D

https://www.superherohype.com/news/avengersnews.php?id=9279

Joss in final negotiations?

Joss Whedon to Direct The Avengers
Source: Deadline New York
April 13, 2010

Deadline New York reports that Marvel Studios is moving ahead with Joss Whedon as director of The Avengers. The site says he is now in final negotiations to helm the action adventure scheduled for a May 4, 2012 release.

The film would feature many of the lead actors involved in Marvel Studios adaptations right now, including Robert Downey Jr. ("Iron Man" films), Chris Evans (Captain America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) and more.

Paramount Pictures will distribute the film.

Whedon's credits include "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Firefly," "Angel," Serenity, "Dollhouse" and upcoming The Cabin in the Woods.

https://www.superherohype.com/news/avengersnews.php?id=9279

Joss in final negotiations?

Joss Whedon to Direct The Avengers
Source: Deadline New York
April 13, 2010

Deadline New York reports that Marvel Studios is moving ahead with Joss Whedon as director of The Avengers. The site says he is now in final negotiations to helm the action adventure scheduled for a May 4, 2012 release.

The film would feature many of the lead actors involved in Marvel Studios adaptations right now, including Robert Downey Jr. ("Iron Man" films), Chris Evans (Captain America), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) and more.

Paramount Pictures will distribute the film.

Whedon's credits include "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Firefly," "Angel," Serenity, "Dollhouse" and upcoming The Cabin in the Woods.
Good news!!

Back