Premium Format Jack the Ripper production peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have single horror sculpt in my collection but i m getting this for sure :)

I dont have single horror sculpt in my collection but i m getting this for sure :)

I have all PF's from Sideshow's "the Dead" line except for Subject Zero but like you I am DEFINATELY getting this one. The tailoring such as the dress shoes, pants, and top Hat and coat look stunning. This piece does have a strong vintage feel to it and I cannot believe this is the same PF that I saw from the production peek that look really horrible. The tentacles are not something I am crazy about but still a figure like this especially for Horror fans like myself cannot be passed up.
Any news as to when he will be up for Pre-order? This may have been revealed I just could not find it anywhere...may have to check again. Sideshow are really out doing themselves and just when I think I can step back and relax something like this comes out and there goes another bruise on my bank account...oh well it is well worth it as I am sure other fellow collector's can relate to me when I have this huge surge of an Endorphin release followed by an adrenaline rush once I receive and open and display these beautiful works of art for the first time.
Great feeling indeed I will not be stopping anytime soon. :)

Could be anytime Spooktacular would be the obvious choice, but considering they showed the Reaper last SDCC and he only went up for order THIS SDCC, he could still be a year out.

Could this be Sideshow's first statue with no reference at all (except the name and maybe a little H.P. Lovecraft style)?

It looks phenomenal, just don't understand why it has to be part of the "Dead" line, since it's more a fantasy creature and not something that is dead. ;)

Could this be Sideshow's first statue with no reference at all (except the name and maybe a little H.P. Lovecraft style)?

It looks phenomenal, just don't understand why it has to be part of the "Dead" line, since it's more a fantasy creature and not something that is dead. ;)

I think the fact that this piece just looks pretty gruesome and evil is reason enough to be a part of their "Dead" line. Doesn't matter to me what line this is a part of this will be added to my collection for sure. I still would like to see some kind of back story to this character it should be pretty interesting.

They're expanding the Dead line. If its an original creepy item of theirs, it will be in the Dead line.

Well...that sounds just cool with me. :cool: Even though "Jack the Ripper" is not a Dead character well he is definately associated with Death so I see it as fitting with the line just fine...but like mentioned anything gruesome or creepy related that is an original of Sideshow will now be a part of their "Dead" line and IMO I think that is cool and nothing wrong with that at all.
I would like to see some more modern Zombies maybe some from "the Walking Dead" series simply because I was not a collector when "Patient Zero" was out and really do not feel like spending over a grand for another Sculpt. This "Jack the Ripper" should hold me over just fine but still I am hoping for another Zombie some time soon.

I'm not a collector interested in horror pieces. But this piece is something else. I don't know more about the history of The Ripper than that he murdered a lot of woman and was never caught. But this piece is more than The Ripper for me. The idea to make him a "demon like" creature is an awesome idea. I really like the look of the clothing together with the tentacles comming out of his mouth (and what I thought it's crotch). If I can find this piece for a nice price I think it will end up between my Star Wars pieces. :D

This looks pretty mad but what is with his cuttlefish of cthulhu jazz in the groin area?

Yes I am quite puzzled about that as well. I will be adding this Figure to my collection but I feel like that could have been left out. Still a sick looking piece especially the way he is tailored (Top Hat, Clothes, Dress Shoes) this piece does look like he is indeed from the past...just not sure what the hell happened to his groin area.

Off topic but I just received the "Undying Carcass" from Sideshow's "the Dead" lineup and...in person seeing his bowels fallen out I really do not like...just like the "Frozen" dead....intestines falling out...however going by the pictures the way his intestines are portrayed I do believe I will be loving that Statue very much once I receive it that sculpt looks pretty incredible. Sideshow really seems to have a fetish with these horror figure's groin area really being in bad shape. I may be selling my Undying Carcass very soon to put towards this figure instead...believe me it is hard to make me feel disgusted by a sculpture but when it comes to open or mutilated bowels...I get a little queezy. Well, at least I can say Sideshow does do an amazing job with gore. I may keep him he may look better once I have a proper display case to put him in.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this one since seeing pics of the one at the Comic Con. Come on Spooktacular!!

from Mike Crawfords pics :

sdcc2012_sideshow_miscbig_1.jpg

sdcc2012_sideshow_miscbig_2.jpg

After seeing these pics, I've decided that I need to re-read the story of Jack the Ripper. He's not quite what I remembered.

Back