Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. If anything, I wouldn't mind seeing HT sublease one figure a year like they're doing with Star Wars and maybe tackle figures that SS wouldn't produce, like a BAT.

Sounds like a great idea to me. BAT with alt battle damage, maybe half a head, lotsa exposed gears/wires would be supah-sweet!

I can't see a need for hot Toys having anything to do with this line.

Unless, of course, Sideshow feels like they can't handle the work anymore...

I can't see a need for hot Toys having anything to do with this line.

Unless, of course, Sideshow feels like they can't handle the work anymore...
--

Sideshow: We don't need the GI JOE license anymore because we're too busy with DC & Marvel to screw over our arrogant & blind customer base with.

Hot Toys: We'll gladly take over the license. We'll bait a few with a couple of redux versions of popular characters like Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow by charging at least $250.00 a pop which those idiots will blindly buy and then we'll screw them over will subpar designs & releases for the same price from $199.99 to $249.99 each or more. Those dumb@$$ collectors don't know any better.

Sideshow: Good idea! We can't wait to totally <CENSORED> them over with our upcoming 1:6 offerings from DC & Marvel.

Hot Toys: While you're at it, why not give us the STAR WARS license completely? We redo all the releases and <CENSORED> them even more.

Does anyone know which joes/cobra have been said to be up for making before SS looses the contract. Im scared because when the 2nd movie flops this might make SS back out even though the figures should be about the love of G.I.Joe and not the success of hollywood's hits and misses.

If they didnt try so hard to make it like military today they would be on something or actually did research beyond some bio's. Hell they made Scarlett a weekling and then kill her off in 2nd movie. breaker was at least somewhat ok but he wasnt french. alpine may have been a joker on the cartoon but their was more hamming on that movie then was necissary. And Covergirl would have never been punked like she was nore would she be hawks secretary she is a mechanic and weapons girl.

Hollywood needs someone like us to act as advisors to say the way the movie should go, granted we may argue about it but it would be one badass movie.

Does anyone know which joes/cobra have been said to be up for making before SS looses the contract. Im scared because when the 2nd movie flops this might make SS back out even though the figures should be about the love of G.I.Joe and not the success of hollywood's hits and misses.

If they didnt try so hard to make it like military today they would be on something or actually did research beyond some bio's. Hell they made Scarlett a weekling and then kill her off in 2nd movie. breaker was at least somewhat ok but he wasnt french. alpine may have been a joker on the cartoon but their was more hamming on that movie then was necissary. And Covergirl would have never been punked like she was nore would she be hawks secretary she is a mechanic and weapons girl.

Hollywood needs someone like us to act as advisors to say the way the movie should go, granted we may argue about it but it would be one badass movie.

The problem is you want a movie for the Fans which make up the Minority of ticket sales.

All movies that I remember are made for the lowest common denominator who have no idea what the movie is based on. e.g Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, GI Joe, Origin stories...

The problem is you want a movie for the Fans which make up the Minority of ticket sales.

All movies that I remember are made for the lowest common denominator who have no idea what the movie is based on. e.g Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, GI Joe, Origin stories...

Good point, I agree 100%. Most movie tie ins to exsisting franchises are crap. The movie we all want to see is the one from an alternative universe, made in 1984 right after Empire Strikes Back and before Aliens. We want the Epic scores, not tecno. We want accurate character portrayal, not the hollywood power rangers. We deserve a script that cements the franchise further, not one that only serves to advance a goofy story to another ADD explosionfest and oneliners at the expense of the fans credibility. For the record, I still have not watched Rise of Cobra. The trailers were enough to tip me off. :lol

:lol I don't think we're in any danger of SS losing the license. They're not producing these figures based on the movie, so however successful/non-successful the movie is, it's irrelevant. They're making RAH figures, not movie figures.

Back