Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong, I had other interests as well, Star Wars, Wrestling, Ninjas, Comics, Indy, etc., etc.

Yeah, all that too... I guess I just never really got deep into how the military worked at such a young age... GI Joe was pure fiction to me till I saw Platoon. At that point I started to understand just how real the combat was... Not just Entertech water guns and GI Joe kicking Cobra ass.

I was into military stuff pretty early on, too. Not as early as you though; it must have been in 6th grade / junior high when I read Charlie Mike and The Last Run by Leonard B. Scott, and Nam by Mark Baker. I also was into Marvel comics The 'Nam, and religiously watched Tour of Duty.

oh man i remember finding charlie mike on my dad's bookshelf when i was in middle school and reading it. that and the platoon novelization that my dad bought for me at a k-mart on the way home after seeing the movie.

tour of duty was a great show. i watched one of the episodes with lee majors again not too long ago. i also watched the 'uso down' episode again where the sax player gets shot through the sax case. i think that is one of the episodes i always remembered as a kid because of the sound of the rounds hitting the saxophone.

and go braves.

Last edited:
:mad:

it's been downhill since they blew that monumental lead against the rockies a few weeks back.

Now you're almost in the same ship with Prog and I.... the Phils also just happen to be getting SUPER hot. It's really turning out a be a very intriguing finale to the regular season... Honestly, even if the Giants make the playoffs I can't see us doing much damage. :dunno

Yeah, all that too... I guess I just never really got deep into how the military worked at such a young age... GI Joe was pure fiction to me till I saw Platoon. At that point I started to understand just how real the combat was... Not just Entertech water guns and GI Joe kicking Cobra ass.

great memories!! :)

Are we talking about The Barbarian(R)-The Destroyer(PG) Conan, or Howard's orginal version?

Robert's original version > everything else. I was basing my comment off the tool version from the films since that's what was referenced with the "knows what's best in life." IMHO you're not a true Conan fan unless you've read through REH's Conan books. They rival JRT's Hobbit/LOTR for best fantasy of all time.

:mad:

it's been downhill since they blew that monumental lead against the rockies a few weeks back.

Don't worry. The Braves aren't the only ones to be blindsided by the Rockies.

The Rox just need to figure out the damn Phillies. I really hope the Braves can recapture the division so we can keep the Phillies out of the playoffs altogether.

The Rox just need to figure out the damn Phillies. I really hope the Braves can recapture the division so we can keep the Phillies out of the playoffs altogether.

Phillies are making the playoffs...your braves might have a shot at Wild card...phillies top 3 pitching starters are getting it done..

Robert's original version > everything else. I was basing my comment off the tool version from the films since that's what was referenced with the "knows what's best in life." IMHO you're not a true Conan fan unless you've read through REH's Conan books. They rival JRT's Hobbit/LOTR for best fantasy of all time.

They are better than the hobbit stuff.

Howards work is raw and descriptive. The original unedited versions are the only way to go.

They are better than the hobbit stuff.

Howards work is raw and descriptive. The original unedited versions are the only way to go.

NAM and EF...:rock :rock

REH is prolly one of my all time favorites. conan, kull, bran mak morn, solomon kane, all his crusades stuff, his westerns, weird/horror, even his boxing stuff...so awesome. i'm glad you can finally get his non -edited, untouched stuff in paperback easily again. i spent so many saturdays and afternoons after school scouring used book stores looking for his stuff when i was in high school. i've got bins full of all his stuff...the le sprague de camp edited stuff as well as all the glenn lord 'non-edited' stuff.

i still like the conan the barbarian movie. the orgy scene is well done and so is the very end when conan kills doom and just sits there then burns the whole thing down. and the soundtrack kicks ass

i would be fine with that. :lol

Back