Item on Ebay question.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

persuazion

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello I currently have a piece on Ebay and I said I would ship only to US. A buyer messaged me and asked me if they win the bid would I ship to a friend's address in the US for them. Is this safe? I figured some people on here would have experience with this sort of thing.

Not really- Paypal will not back you up if shipped to a different address other than their registered verified Paypal address!
However he may be legit but if you want to take that chance...

This is generally inadvisable. If a dispute should arise, you need to be able to prove the item was delivered to the confirmed address on the buyer's account.

I wouldn't,i only ship to the address registered on their paypal account.It's better to stick to the safest way or else you will get involved in the mess if it is a fraud,and you sending to a different address will cause problems for you too.

i wouldn't risk it.

I picked up HT Don Vito because the US-shipping-only seller was nice enough to ship to my sister's house in the States. I can't advise you to do the same as this seller, because as others have said, it can leave you open for a dispute.

I just did this but made the buyer add his mon's us addy to paypal so I was covered.

How does it leave you open for dispute if you have email records (especially if the emails are sent from within ebay) that he requested you to send it there?

Actually, just tell him to enter the address into his Paypal account - so Paypal have a record of it as well. That way when he pays he can just choose that as the address and then you are automatically covered by Paypal as well.

I just did this but made the buyer add his mon's us addy to paypal so I was covered.

How does it leave you open for dispute if you have email records (especially if the emails are sent from within ebay) that he requested you to send it there?

Actually, just tell him to enter the address into his Paypal account - so Paypal have a record of it as well. That way when he pays he can just choose that as the address and then you are automatically covered by Paypal as well.

:lecture sounds like solid advice. I might have to add my sister's address to my paypal account. I can understand why many American folks are reluctant to post OS, Ive heard the horror stories, but man... the amount of cool stuff I've missed out on because of US-only sellers...

Just look at their feedback and what is left by sellers. I sent two items to different addresses and had no problems cause of the feedbacks.

Back