Is there any hope for a SS Boba Fett; is Medicom's version the ONE?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For real? :gah:

Yup. Even most of the pole-squatting medi fans here in the threads would, themselves, wait for the price drop. Most're doing exactly this in the Droids thread. Medicom's figures just don't sell at the asking price. Then, they drop to slightly over 50% off on SWS and they're gone in a flash, only to reappear and rot on ebay once Sideshow releases the identical figure. :lol

SST and Medicom can live in harmony...

SST Stormtrooper and Medicom Boba Fett.

i am sure SST will eventually come out with their own great Fett... until then, and perhaps even after that, Medicom deserves kudos.

SST and Medicom can live in harmony...

SST Stormtrooper and Medicom Boba Fett.

i am sure SST will eventually come out with their own great Fett... until then, and perhaps even after that, Medicom deserves kudos.

Now tell him the mods done to get that far. :lol

Honestly dude...any figure looks ridiculous next to SSC Vader...he is too damn tall..but impressive. If or when SSC makes a Fett..he will look dumb next to Vader also if you dont mod him. As for the Fett, if you really want one now, you wont be disappointed with the Medi Fett, his height Issue is not severe no matter what anyone tells you. Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) is only 5'10" so I wouldnt about the scale. It is not as apparent with Fett as it is with their ROTJ Vader.

After modifying the height on both my Medicom Fett & my Sideshow Vader, 1/6 scale Star Wars nirvana can be a reality!

picture.php

Boba is probably my favorite Medicom figure.
It really looks great. However, do be careful with how you move the body. The design is completely different from any other body type, so it is quite easy to twist or pull in the wrong manner and put undue stress on an already fragile body.

After modifying the height on both my Medicom Fett & my Sideshow Vader, 1/6 scale Star Wars nirvana can be a reality!

Nice setup man! :rock

Scale issue aside, Medicom's ROTJ Fett looks pretty good. I'm gonna hold out for Sideshows version though. They've been really nailing the armored figures as of late.

I have both the Medi Fetts but I display them by themselves so the height/scale issues, whatever they may be, don't bother me.

They Medi Fetts are excellent figures for sure and I'll be buying any version Sideshow comes out with too.

Hope that impartial post helps!

Will the new Medi Boba be the same exact as the ones being pictured? Will it have a new body, better tailoring or et?

If I was a Boba Fett fan, I would own both Medicom figures, the 7" Tomy figure, and be eagerly awaiting Sideshow's. I don't see why a fan would only want one good figure of him.

I cannot see how anyone feels the Medi-Boba is a bad figure, though it is definitely over priced at full retail, it is an amazing looking figure. I have maybe twenty to thirty Medicom figures and have had zero body issues, but I don't move my figs around. I just pose them how I like them and leave them there (usually indefinitley) so maybe there is an issue for those who constantly play with them, but not for a collector just looking to display them in a case / shelf. The Medi figures always look great right out of the box and aside from the obvious size issue they generally look better to me than SST figures which have not been modded / futzed. I think SST could definitely trump Medi's Boba, we will just have to wait and see. This will always be an issue here on this forum - SST vs. Medi, but for me I like both for various reasons and I am happy to have a choice...

You know what's funny, everyone talks about modding figures yada yada yada...

It's crazy. These figures should come out the box without the need to fuss with them. I have no creativity in trying to "fix" a figure once I get it. That's why I want ONE and stellar version of a particular character.

Will the new Medi Boba be the same exact as the ones being pictured? Will it have a new body, better tailoring or et?

You know what's funny, everyone talks about modding figures yada yada yada...

It's crazy. These figures should come out the box without the need to fuss with them. I have no creativity in trying to "fix" a figure once I get it. That's why I want ONE and stellar version of a particular character.

Sounds like you've made your choice. :lol If you want to know how good a Sideshow Fett will look, all you have to do is look at what they're doing with their Clone Troopers. I've owned and sold both Medi Fetts, namely because I got tired of buying replacement RAH after replacement RAH and got tired of the height issue. Looking at the clones, I've absolutely no worries whatsoever, that SSC's Fetts will be superior.

Medi's clones are good figures as well, but the armor is soft rubber, they suffer from T-rex syndrome (to get the proper 1:6 height, Medi cheats and just adds adapters to the ankles but you still have the shorter arms) and are about as poseable as an Applause Star Wars figure. Nobody thought Sideshow's clones would surpass Medis and they did. Only the most diehard of Medi fans disagree to this. It will be the same scenario when the Fetts arrive.

Get that voice of reason out of here.

You have to pick a side.

Newb~*

:lol

SS= loose fitting armor, loose joints.

Medi = high prices, scale issue (if it bothers you)

Pick your poison.

If i was you i'd get the medi boba AND the SS one. (keep both if you like em, if you like one way more sell the other) Though Medi Boba will be hard to beat IMO.(especially the upcoming one)

medicom-boba2.jpg

medicom-boba1.jpg

Last edited:
:lol

SS= loose fitting armor, loose joints.

Medi = high prices, scale issue (if it bothers you)

Pick your poison.

If i was you i'd get the medi boba AND the SS one. (keep both if you like em, if you like one way more sell the other) Though Medi Boba will be hard to beat IMO.(especially the upcoming one)

medicom-boba2.jpg

FYI: Sideshow's armor isn't loose anymore with the new suit. ;)

BTW, digging that bent gun. Seems Medi can't even get their ____ straight for the proto pics. :lol But that's what happens when you have Hasbro quality weapons. :monkey1

It's lame when someone (nam) has legitimate points only to be shouted out by the anti-fanboy brigade who usually back their POV with insults rather than legitimate points.

Sorry Vice, I like you but you are being a ska-doosh on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back