Statue Iron Studios Captain America 1/4 Legacy Replica - Avengers End Game

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great tho - nice pics!:clap. I think the CW BP is a bit beefy, so think I will pair him with this Cap. I'd rather have Bucky or IM with Cap but whatever.:cool:

My Cap will go with Endgame Thor and Iron Man...in about 18 months when they finally get here. Until then, it's the moment right before "on your left" for my Cap :)

My Cap will go with Endgame Thor and Iron Man...in about 18 months when they finally get here. Until then, it's the moment right before "on your left" for my Cap :)

Happy for anyone who can get all three - will be amazing display. It's like the Dirty Harry quote tho "man's got to know his limitations".:cool:

Tho gotta admit if IS put out a 1/4 Winter Soldier assassin, so OK, it's more Ramen noodles for dinner.:lol

*Gloomily* wouldn't surprise me that these companies are busy doing something spectacular design-wise while they are locked down, with time on their hands for design work.$$$$

Hi, everyone--I hope you are all safe and well.

I would appreciate some advice. I accidentally jostled my statue yesterday, and the shield-holding arm fell off and broke. :slap I was able to glue it back together, but it's missing a few little chips and the break is pretty obvious. Do you think IS or Sideshow (from whom I bought it) would let me exchange the broken arm for a new one? I know the 30-day exchange period is over, but I thought perhaps I could throw myself on their mercy. And would I contact Sideshow instead of going direct to IS?

I would appreciate some advice. I accidentally jostled my statue yesterday, and the shield-holding arm fell off and broke. :slap I was able to glue it back together, but it's missing a few little chips and the break is pretty obvious. Do you think IS or Sideshow (from whom I bought it) would let me exchange the broken arm for a new one? I know the 30-day exchange period is over, but I thought perhaps I could throw myself on their mercy. And would I contact Sideshow instead of going direct to IS?

This kind of situation happened to me in the past. I dropped one piece of my Iron Man 1/2. Contacted SSC and they sent me a replacement. Of course, it wasn?t free BUT a) wasn?t expensive at all and b) was 100% my fault so... ;-)

This kind of situation happened to me in the past. I dropped one piece of my Iron Man 1/2. Contacted SSC and they sent me a replacement. Of course, it wasn?t free BUT a) wasn?t expensive at all and b) was 100% my fault so... ;-)

I'm so glad to hear that! You give me hope. :) Thank you!

Sucks. Despite that you are probably mostly at fault I can't help but wonder if stronger magnets like most other statues I own would have saved you? I was pretty unhappy with how weak the magnets are when I assembled mine.

Sucks. Despite that you are probably mostly at fault I can't help but wonder if stronger magnets like most other statues I own would have saved you? I was pretty unhappy with how weak the magnets are when I assembled mine.

I remembered some folks commenting here on the weak magnets, so that thought occurred to me as well. But yes, the fault was mine.

Sideshow got back to me quickly and requested some photos, which I just sent. The silver lining is that even if for whatever reason I can't get a replacement, the damage to the mended arm is mostly hidden when it's in the socket. Naturally I'd feel more comfortable with an unbroken one, but at least this one isn't an eyesore.

I haven't received my statue yet (last payment is happening in the next few days) so let me ask those who have it already... any chance to replace the magnets with stronger ones? Looks like we always have tweak this statues here and there. Just yesterday, I finished erasing the mud out of the Mark III maquette.

If you have very thin stronger magnets, you can always put them in between. I was recommended that method for the old Dr Doom PF years ago and still have them on, they are stronger than the ones Sideshow used and there's much less wiggle/movement compared to before.

I haven't received my statue yet (last payment is happening in the next few days) so let me ask those who have it already... any chance to replace the magnets with stronger ones? Looks like we always have tweak this statues here and there. Just yesterday, I finished erasing the mud out of the Mark III maquette.

This, but I used some Tac-It. Used for holding doll wigs but suppose any museum putty would work. First time I've run into a weak magnet issue with an IS piece.

This, but I used some Tac-It. Used for holding doll wigs but suppose any museum putty would work. First time I've run into a weak magnet issue with an IS piece.

I thought about that. No experience with it though. Assume that it's not messy when deciding to switch out to another arm?

I thought about that. No experience with it though. Assume that it's not messy when deciding to switch out to another arm?

That's what I was wondering. Is it some type of putty? I looked it up and it appears to be tape? Can you clarify, Sassafras?

Update, in case anyone was curious: Sideshow very kindly shipped me a replacement arm at no charge. Cap's got his shield back and is standing guard over my computer desk, and all is right with that tiny corner of the world.

I am definitely continuing to follow this thread to learn more about ways to enhance the iffy magnets, though.

Update, in case anyone was curious: Sideshow very kindly shipped me a replacement arm at no charge. Cap's got his shield back and is standing guard over my computer desk, and all is right with that tiny corner of the world.

I am definitely continuing to follow this thread to learn more about ways to enhance the iffy magnets, though.

Yes, hoping Sassafras gives shows us the way! Help us, Sassafras, you're our only hope! :)

I finally got mine today and man, what a statue!!! :clap

I'm amazed at the level of detail and the absolute quality of the textures. I don't even understand how they can get such detail like that.

My only, teeny-tiny complaint has to do with the hammer. The head of the hammer didn't go all the way in handle and the more I fussed with it, the more it felt like it would break (made some scary sounds at one point) so I decided to leave it. Quality of the plastic is nothing to write home about but it's not too bad though, I might give it another go later with the hair dryer.

Here's an obligatory, quick shot of it.

glydQEP.jpg

I don't think I will ever need another Cap statue.

Yes, hoping Sassafras gives shows us the way! Help us, Sassafras, you're our only hope! :)

Whoops, sorry guys, got distracted...

OK, so Faber-Castell's Tack-It is this really soft, stretchy re-usable putty:

https://www.amazon.com/Faber-Castell-Multipurpose-Adhesive-Non-Toxic-Removable/dp/B01FP5QXYQ

that IS sort of green-ish blue, but IMO that is useful so you can see where you put it. It is kind of sticky but in a good way. Discovered it when a little square of it came with a Kumik doll wig (which I guess can be switched if u want to give a doll a different wig.) (Apparently there is a white version on Amazon as well, but one green pack has lasted me a couple of years).

This stuff STICKS. It doesn't dry up, tho I don't re-use pieces. Ordered some from Amazon and use it for all kinds of things - like the only reason the SSC Jawas
are standing up on the Hasbro base in my Jawa pic (SW forum) is wads of Tack-It. It's a great cheat for posing.

So for Cap, pinch off enough to make sort of a 1/4" or so sausage, wrap/mould around arm peg at the base/sides of peg (like u are wrapping peg with chewing gum or a rubber band, attach arm. Leave the END of peg uncovered (in theory to make it easier for the *&^ magnet to do some work). Don't wrap peg so thick u can't get arm on, just give the sides of the peg a good coating of Tack-It like u are spreading peanut butter.

U can use as much as you feel comfortable. IMO more is better; u can always pinch off any squeeze-out (but don't OVER pack it/force, just get a secure hold by feel. U may have TINY wiggle, u can tell when u have to work a bit to get arm off). It's sort of like making a custom sticky rubber gasket (apparently this stuff is made from real rubber). The point is to get a secure hold, not to stuff so much Tack-It in it "strains" the poly or u over-force the arm. If any bit of the stuff gets left behind, u can pick up with another wad of Tack-It, forceps, toothpick, etc. U can remove arm and add more or less until u feel happy with hold.

I wouldn't overheat this putty or super-freeze, but I'd never do that to my collection anyway. I took one look at Cap's arm and reached for the Tack-It. Because, I'd seen too many pics of Sideshow's Kier that had an arm pegged the same way, where it slipped and shattered.:monkey2 Shocking IS didn't use better magnets hadn't seen that before in an IS piece.:pfft:

Hope that helps. If I really wanted to be sure, I'd glue with E-6000 (which can be peeled off from hard surfaces with some work), but for me Tack-It is kind've a go-to:love. (E-6000 tho u had better be sure; it dries to a very tough, rubbery epoxy.)

Don't know if anything else is comparable for "reusable" adhesives. Only problem is it's kind've seagreen, so if u use for posing u have to watch it's not peeking out from anywhere. Over several years have had no problem with drying, oiling or staining. It's sort of like chewed gum so I would be cautious around using on cloth, tho have done that too (use tiny amount). Some of these re-usable putties seem to get greasy/oily over time, but never had a problem with Tack-It. German engineering:lol

I finally got mine today and man, what a statue!!! :clap

I'm amazed at the level of detail and the absolute quality of the textures. I don't even understand how they can get such detail like that.

My only, teeny-tiny complaint has to do with the hammer. The head of the hammer didn't go all the way in handle and the more I fussed with it, the more it felt like it would break (made some scary sounds at one point) so I decided to leave it. Quality of the plastic is nothing to write home about but it's not too bad though, I might give it another go later with the hair dryer.

I don't think I will ever need another Cap statue.

:exactly: Beautiful pic and angle. Yeah, I don't know how IS does what they do, re the textures and costumes - amazing!

I didn't NEED another Cap statue in theory, as I have CW Cap and Bucky. But THIS one just seemed "the ultimate" 10-year arc of MCU Cap.

The pose and all to me just seem noble. Magnificent - glad I was able to make room in the budget!:inlove

Thanks Sassafras for the detailed how-to on this. Ordering some ASAP as my kitty was eyeballing Thanos' sword the other day... :thud:

You are welcome:) and totally get the cat thing LOL esp. when they like to lay on electronics where it's nice and warm. Purchase special heated beds which get briefly used then ignored LOL. Outer boxes used for shipping are also favorite takeovers.:cool:

Yeah, I've tried stuff like Sugru moldable glue which supposedly dries to silicon rubber, but didn't like that much. It was relatively expensive, has a shelf life, and once the package is opened you don't have much time to work. There may be other museup putties that would work as well as Tack-It (e.g., stay soft, don't stain/oil, actually stick, removable) but I tend to quit looking when something works.

I just used a few pinhead-sized beads of Tack-It to keep the flaps of my Jawa hoods stuck to the back; was driving me crazy.:frank Hope the Tack-It works for you; am gonna order a pack of the white version.

PS. Make sure your surfaces are clean and dry e.g. not dusty/greasy etc.

Back