Iron studios - 1:4 Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed on their Punisher. Definitely keeping track of that one.

Their yellow Wolverine and Weapon X are just ok.

I've got a feeling if the Weapon X was promoted in isolation (i.e if the Wolverine piece wasn't being done) it would've been better received without this thought that Iron Studios were being 'lazy' in regards with the bases.

They could've simple released the Wolverine piece down the track and called it a variant (if they really wanted to use the same base:dunno, as it not that unusual for the main body of the statue to be reused for variants by companies such as Sideshow and PCS.

Visible neck seam. Why ruin a statue just to offer an additional head..

I myself don't think it's that bad at all as any 'seam' just shows at what looks like a collar etc, because it is what it is a separate mask to the costume.

But I'm just making an assumption here, but I think a large percentage of collectors love interchangeable head options for their statues.

I've got a feeling if the Weapon X was promoted in isolation (i.e if the Wolverine piece wasn't being done) it would've been better received without this thought that Iron Studios were being 'lazy' in regards with the bases.

They could've simple released the Wolverine piece down the track and called it a variant (if they really wanted to use the same base:dunno, as it not that unusual for the main body of the statue to be reused for variants by companies such as Sideshow and PCS.
It's not just the "being lazy" issue. The base makes no sense unless he just decided to revisit his "birthplace".

Why wouldn't there be a neck seam? The mask isn't attached to the rest of the body suit; if so, it is okay.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I don't remember ever seeing a seam on the neck in any wolverine comic I read. The mask always seem to be one piece with the suit. Plenty of statues have been ruined by offering an additional sculpt giving them a ugly seam. Like I said many times. The people who buy these things to play with don't care if the seam ruins an otherwise nice looking statue as long as they get more stuff to play with.

I don't remember ever seeing a seam on the neck in any wolverine comic I read. The mask always seem to be one piece with the suit. Plenty of statues have been ruined by offering an additional sculpt giving them a ugly seam. Like I said many times. The people who buy these things to play with don't care if the seam ruins an otherwise nice looking statue as long as they get more stuff to play with.

Clearly, Wolverine's mask in the comics is removeable or you would never see him without the mask on while he is wearing the rest of his uniform. The seam appears to have been done perfectly in this piece as it is not just a break in the costume but appears to have been built into the rest of the suit. IS went and gave 3 different head sculpts and worked them into the piece very nicely; the seam isn't even an issue on this piece.

Yes..........I'm aware.

Clearly, Wolverine's mask in the comics is removeable or you would never see him without the mask on while he is wearing the rest of his uniform. The seam appears to have been done perfectly in this piece as it is not just a break in the costume but appears to have been built into the rest of the suit. IS went and gave 3 different head sculpts and worked them into the piece very nicely; the seam isn't even an issue on this piece.

I agree. Imo seams are usually only an 'issue' where a mask isn't involved like for the Hulk, but where it is I myself don't get the 'complaint'.

But then not all pieces are for everyone, and that's perfectly fine.

Just got mine. Not sure why this piece gets no love. It came out Really Nice!
The costume has texture and the flesh tone is better than most Sideshow and XM piece's I got.
No regrets getting this one. Came with an ok print too.

Attachments

• 20180418_104752.jpg
    20180418_104752.jpg
    1,023.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180418_104626.jpg
    20180418_104626.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 113
  • 20180418_104512.jpg
    20180418_104512.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 114
  • 20180418_104347.jpg
    20180418_104347.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 115
  • 20180418_104248.jpg
    20180418_104248.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 111
  • 20180418_104131.jpg
    20180418_104131.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
  • 20180418_105913.jpg
    20180418_105913.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 110
Didn't have any space to display it. I opened it to make sure that there was no damage to any of the pieces. The base has some parts to put together.

I saw this guy in person at GC Supanova yesterday and I was impressed. It was too high up for me to get any decent photos with the amount of people pushing around though.

No in hand photos or reviews yet?

I saw this guy in person at GC Supanova yesterday and I was impressed. It was too high up for me to get any decent photos with the amount of people pushing around though.

That reminded me that Popcultcha had a video of the piece on their Facebook page.

However it appears that they no longer upload to YouTube so here's the link:-

https://www.facebook.com/popcultcha...pfSTExMjE3NTU2NDk4NToxMDE1MDk1Nzg3MjI3OTk4Ng/

Looks like he's got the lean still. Maybe this was the original prototype they showed off though.

rSfnq8A.png

Back