Statue Iron Studios 1/4 Captain America Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think this looks great. Never had the first IS Cap, but that one was fantastic. This is different, but to me, is really great.

One thing I particularly like is how the shield is incorporated. A shield is meant to help defend you. So, I like how this statue embraces this fact--Cap is actually using his shield, rather than it being an accessory that he just carries around.

Don't know if I'm getting any of these since I'm trying to be more selective (and I want to see how the Panther comes out first), but I think this is a winner.

Didn't think of it that way. Totally agree. Now suddenly this looks like a definitive cap to me haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think this looks great. Never had the first IS Cap, but that one was fantastic. This is different, but to me, is really great.

One thing I particularly like is how the shield is incorporated. A shield is meant to help defend you. So, I like how this statue embraces this fact--Cap is actually using his shield, rather than it being an accessory that he just carries around.

Don't know if I'm getting any of these since I'm trying to be more selective (and I want to see how the Panther comes out first), but I think this is a winner.

:goodpost: I have the Black Panther on order as well and I want to see how that turns out before ordering this.

Iron Studios just posted a new pic on their Instagram and damn .. I'm really digging the entire set. Whoever is getting all 6 has one hell of an eyecatcher.

C0Of7VcWIAELmJk.jpg

My biggest issue is the 16 1/2 inch height. I know it's because of the pose but the smaller base really makes this a smaller piece. I worry how it will look up against other PFs... even though it's 1/4 scale sometimes those smaller bases and crouching poses can make a piece look smaller then they are..

Probably will PO but will have to wait till after Christmas.

Iron Studios just posted a new pic on their Instagram and damn .. I'm really digging the entire set. Whoever is getting all 6 has one hell of an eyecatcher.

C0Of7VcWIAELmJk.jpg

Awesome! Maybe later they'll add the rest: Spider Man, Black Widow, Vision, etc. But it's not like everyone will have the space for such a display. :lol

My biggest issue is the 16 1/2 inch height. I know it's because of the pose but the smaller base really makes this a smaller piece. I worry how it will look up against other PFs... even though it's 1/4 scale sometimes those smaller bases and crouching poses can make a piece look smaller then they are..

What about just hopping over to ye 'ol friendly hardware store, and grabbing some patio pavers or "fake slate" pieces to put under these for "lift" if needed? I grab wood scraps and broken bits for free to use for raising figs on display. Store doesn't care about stuff they think of as scrap or trash.

One thing I've noticed, a lot of the pics of this set seem to be on tables, kind of looking down. I really want to get Cap & co. up a bit higher in a display - for these. I don't have enough pieces - so for me Cap/Bucky (maybe Falcon/BP) think are gonna dominate whatever room they are in. Am looking forward to it (as long as IS comes through!)

One thing I've noticed, a lot of the pics of this set seem to be on tables, kind of looking down. I really want to get Cap & co. up a bit higher in a display - for these. I don't have enough pieces - so for me Cap/Bucky (maybe Falcon/BP) think are gonna dominate whatever room they are in. Am looking forward to it (as long as IS comes through!)

I'm already planning on having Cap on a top shelf :D Bucky if he can't fit in the same shelf, which most likely he can't I'll have one shelf below.

I need to see these pieces paired with the previous IS statues to see where if falls in terms of scale. If it's more along of the lines of their smaller 1/4 pieces like the original MK42, then I'm out.

Do these have lights ? If so... I'm buying them :)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Do these have lights ? If so... I'm buying them :)

Just WM and IM. WM described as having "six points of LED light and switch-out arm". IM supposedly has "LED" feature (as well as portrait and hand switchouts) but still waiting on better description. Maybe after the SW holiday hype slows down Iron Studios will update details.
From IS (FB) store in Brazil:

Iron_studios_IronMan_lights1.jpg

Iron_studios_IronMan_lights2.jpg

Just WM and IM. WM described as having "six points of LED light and switch-out arm". IM supposedly has "LED" feature (as well as portrait and hand switchouts) but still waiting on better description. Maybe after the SW holiday hype slows down Iron Studios will update details.
From IS (FB) store in Brazil:

View attachment 311964

View attachment 311965

If true in regards to the Mark 46, I really really do hope that the lights are powered by the mains/ac adapter and not just batteries as their 1/4 Mark 43, 1/6 Groot and 1/6 Mark 45 diorama pieces that I have are. Especially given the number of points of light I see on that pic.

Otherwise the only time I'll have their light features on will be when I first assemble the statue.

I really need to buy one of those devices where the batteries are connected via wires to an ac adapter etc.

I hope Iron Studios doesn't have any issues with making all those light features work on the final product.

Also, an open palm for BOTH hands would rock!

I'm highly considering getting iron man and war from sideshow. 800$ for a 1/4 seems really high.

Back