Iron Man Case Mod, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice mod. It reminds me of the helper robot Tony has in the movies. The Gantry on the rotating platform was also very neat.

Thanks. The arm at the end of the video (a Lynxmotion AL5d) is about 150% the size of the arm that comes with the Mark IV (who is known, I think, as "Dumb-E"). Turning the Hot Toys Dumb-E into a programmable robot wouldn't be TOO hard, with micro servos, and doing minimum damage to its scale appearance. That's a long-term project I have in mind after the case mod based on the suit-up gantry.

The rotating platform was all designed by me and fabbed on the 3D printer you see in the background of the arm. The table bearing is hardware store standard and the motor for it was salvaged from a previous version of the 3D printer's print head.

I started the project thinking I'd "roboticize" the suit-up gantry, but that would be a MAJOR and EXPENSIVE project -- I'd need to buy a second gantry because I'd have to cut it up pretty bad and don't want to sacrifice the one I have.

Back