IrishJedi's WWI No Man's Land Zombie Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so my World War I No Man's Land Zombie Project is almost complete. Here are the first two Zombies I've created. Better pics soon... I just snapped these really quick and added B&W and film grain to make them look like they were taken circa 1914-1917:

ww1_zombies_01.jpg

Zombie German soldier was created using: Sideshow Buck body, Sideshow DEAD Ornament head, Elite Brigade uniform/weapons, and tons of weathering and fake blood.

U.S. Zombie officer was created using: Sideshow Buck body, clothing from Sideshow Eddie Rickenbacker figure, DEAD Spokesman head that I customized further by cutting off the nose & gouging out an eye, and of course tons of weathering and fake blood.

Again, I'll snap proper (and color) pics soon so folks can get a better look at these guys and probably enter DEADFEST and such. I'm pretty proud of how they turned out.

ww1_zombies_02.jpg

ww1_zombies_03.jpg

those look outstanding IJ. and the b & w pics give it a certian edge as well, can you do them in a sepia also?. looking forward to color versions too. i like the zombies circa ww2 for some reason, just seem to bring back memories of a lot of comics i read as a kid. i have done a b-17 gunner zombie from the movie heavy metal & it just seems that zombies click with that era. again, nice job !!!!

Last edited:
The German Zombie rules!!! The wide e almost looks like there should be a monicle (sp?) in it......Excellent work Irish

Excellent customs, I particulalry like the German Zombie. The other guys made the point that the helmet and uniform really fits the choice of headsculpt, looks perfect. Lets see some colour photos too so we can make out the weathering and blood effect abit better.

Ive always wanted to do a Waffen SS Zombie and after seeing your work I might give it a try at some point.

Great set Irish!! I have to agree about the German, it just seems to fit, I guess it is because of the menacing, angry expression of the sculpt. Really fantastic work, and it really pops in B&W! :rock:rock:rock

Wow, thanks guys!

I'll definitely take some better (and color) pics this weekend and share them on here.

I agree with the consensus that the head from DEAD ornament works perfectly for the German Zombie. As soon as I saw it and realized that the head was 1/6 I knew this is what I would be doing.

In fact, these figures are somewhat of a dream come true for me. Like many of you, I grew up both reading comics and watching horror. I still vividly remember the day when I visited my grandparents and my dad found his box of old comic books and the ones that stuck with me (to this day) were not the superhero books, but the EC horror anthologies like "Vault of Terror" and "Two-Fisted Tales". I distinctly remember lots of stories taking place during WWI and WWII with zombies and monsters and such. WWI for me has always been the perfect backdrop for this given the horror of that particular war. It was the first war predominantly fought with modern weaponry (machine guns, grenades, chemicals, airplanes, etc) but was also the last fought with previous conventional front strategy. This made WWI particularly gruesome as everyone knows, with the corpse and rat-filled trenches, No-Man's Land, etc. In fact, these two figures may only be the beginning for me. I feel inspired. ;)

They look great IJ. Now you just need a trench environment. That would actually be pretty easy to do.

you need Nazi Kroenen with them, unmasked he looks like a Zombie too.

Back