Interview with Threezero founder Kim Fong Wong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick

Freakalicious
Reaction score
212750bgzrlxf49pxs09g4.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Still searching for that video interview with him and various other chinese manufacturers. Anyone remember or save those?

I'm sure the folks 3Z are good people and show up to work every day and work hard and really try their best to put out great products. I don't believe they are deliberately misleading collectors. What appears to be a small company, may not have the capital to crank out the figures at the pace we all would like. Just my opinion.....and we know what opinions are like :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats funny is that on their FB page they show their exhibit in japan from last week. No sign of any TWD or GOT. Just more robots and viseo games. Theyrre really cranking them out.

Further, theyre really chatty on FB about all their other properties- release dates, what theyre working on. All that stuff. But only generic "stay tuned" on twd and got.

These are 2 more reasons why i dont believe anything they say or accept the "we're a small company" argument.

Well they're not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. They're a business trying to maximize profit, just like everyone else out there. I just saw Heisenberg for $100 on BBTS over the weekend. Tyrion and Ned are discounted all the time. Could be their humans from TV shows just aren't selling very well. Sucks for those of us into those things, but it is what it is.

Comparing the business practices and rollouts between 3Z and HT is not even remotely close.

That'll be a real shame if they can't get the D9 figures out. They were able to do Chappie...seems they would be able to get Christopher Johnson released.
They are soooo far behind in releasing anything!

Comparing the business practices and rollouts between 3Z and HT is not even remotely close.
Hot Toys had a license for Watchmen, released two arguably secondary characters and called it quits. Hot Toys had a license for Platoon and left one of the three main characters out. Hot Toys had a license for Metal Gear and only released the Boss and Naked Snake in an overly restrictive, alternate outfit. Hot Toys had a license for Sucker Punch and only did two of the ladies. Penguin and Catwoman? Green Lantern? Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson? Ra's al Ghul? The list goes on. Your statement holds as much for Hot Toys as anyone. Not that I personally blame HT for it anymore than ThreeZero, or Sideshow, or company X. If it sells and brings in a profit, it will be made. If not, it won't.

Where to begin...
First, my complaint is not about completing a line. Companies have to make busniess decisions on what makes them money and if a line isnt performing it gets driopped. My complaint is having a license for years and releasing no major characters (twd). How can you decide to drop a line when you have t released any majorz characters? Or revealing figures from years ago that never see the light of day? It's never been given a chance to succeed or fail so you cant justify killing it off on that basis.

Second, my complaint is about getting 2 of the biggest propeties of the time and squandering the license. Most other companies would have realized that these are major franchises capable of generating a lot of money. i would put these right behind marvel and dc in terms of value (at least for mow). But instead of producing a few a year we get the message that this is basically on hold for the foreseeable future. Who does that?? Why did you bother paying for a license and then not release anyone? And then keep telling everyone "just be patient, we're still working". HT has never handled themselves like that.

Third, HT and 3Z are not similarly situated companies. HT has a stockpile of cred because theyve basically turned 1/6 into what it is today. They can drop the ball once and awhile and let a line go because of what theyve already done and because they have the top licenses. Conversly 3Z has to be more careful in what it does because it doesnt have the reputation and it doesnt have the market share. So when a plum license comes your way and youre a small fish in a big pond you dont squander the chance. Theyve hurt their own reputation with how theyve handled these 2 (mainly TWD).

Back