Infuriating bank charges!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
The last two items i've ordered from SSC have resulted in addional amounts over the currency conversion rates on my statement.

With the Cyborg Darth Maul PF, the amount on my statement was more than it added upto via currency conversion rates.

So i rang the bank and they said it was a Visa charges, i rang Visa and they said there was no such charge, so once i rang up the bank again they refunded the difference saying it was an error.

And now today with the Beast comiquette appearing on my statement the same thing happened, the amount in GBP was more than it was once converted from USD, so i rang them and this time they said it was an foreign exchange fee of 2.75%

I complained because... 1. this charge should be listed separately and 2. There is already the international transaction fee of £1.25

I'm so freaking pissed at them, so now i have to find a new bank for my SSC purchases.

I bank with Santander and this is the last straw.

Anyone know of any UK banks that dont charge for overseas transactions?

Not sure about UK banks but I do know that just about all banks charge a conversion fee. In the US I don't know one bank that doesn't charge this fee. Good luck in finding banks though, they're all out to make money.

Most banks charge this unfortunately. Going to anotger bank wont really change this.

Just phoned my bank "co op bank" and they charge £8 per international transaction:horror £48 in bank fees as sscc charge them seperate and i took both Batman and Shadow on flexpay:slap

eh. I bank with HSBC and don't have any international transaction fees

Santander is pathetic. Had very bad experiences with them. Unfortunately my mortgage is with them.

Back