Inflames & Headplay :Metal Boss - BDU Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool modification elvis1976!

at them moment i'm also trying to bash a mgs3 naked snake...
only waiting on one more parcel with parts... :)
hopefully it arrives tomorrow so i can post some pics :)

I put mine on the dvanced and everyhting works just fine!

As for the eye patch, ust removed the bandan and plane the eye patch but it dones't look that good, that eye patch is pretty crap.

I agree with you there. Debating on whether or not to buy a different eye patch on ebay.. but this figure looks fantastic even without the eye patch on.

Having many of the inflames bodies here are some problems that you may encounter (out of 7):

2 bodies have stuck-ed upper arms that cannot rotate (over glued), 3 bodies have stuck-ed left wrists pegs. 1 body have double left thighs (instead of a right). Only 3 out of 7 that I had are somewhat trouble free.

Does anyone know how to attach the pounch's to the belt with the holes in, cant seem to figure out how those metal bits on the back work :(

Does anyone know how to attach the pounch's to the belt with the holes in, cant seem to figure out how those metal bits on the back work :(

took me a few hours (.. lol yeah i know). and finally figured it out. It has nothing to do with the holes on the belt (or atleast that's what I think). You'll need to remove the pins (take a look at the pins carefully, you'll notice that they can be removed with some maneuvering. Once the pin is removed, slide the belt through, and then put the pin back in place (the hardest part imo).

got my parts from Toy anxiety heres my peace walker snake with HT true type body , i gotta say its a cool head sculpt

wqx8c4.jpg

2rzw3lw.jpg

5p1wtx.jpg

Last edited:
I really hope this was a joke. This post is ridiculous. The only difference between the basic customs and this figure is number of releases, or sense of scale. I love how you paint the custom creators as being these amazing people too. The guys behind this figure are no better or no worse. Either way they are making money off of licenses they have no rights to. There is absolutely nothing admirable about it either way.

Not fulfilling the requests of Konami and Hot Toys is rude, but can you blame them? Here's just another group of guys making customs and yet they get singled out for it and after they already went through the trouble of doing the sculpts and everything. I'm not saying these guys are the victims, but the point is that morality or goodness or whatever have absolutely nothing to do with this and should not be brought up. This is no different than any other custom. It is always a custom unless the company is legit, as silly as that actually is.

And if anything it just puts Hot Toys back up as massive ___holes. They have no problem continuing to step on any possible competition, thus actually hurting us consumers, and yet they still feel no need to inform their loyal fan base of their plans. I remember how excited I was when they announced the license, but it's really hard to care about a company that won't even keep you up to date. They refuse to mention MGS and yet they throw out these random figures like the guy from Predators and the new Joker. It's obvious to put complete focus on the money makers and have no problem leaving other fans in the dust.

So while these guys are doing some crazy illegal stuff, at least they ____ing fulfill the fan desires. We saw the promotional shots and wanted it. People were sad when it was canned and yet the guys come back only to be ridiculed? Amazing.

Big +1. The moral disscusion here and some leaders of it are not my cup of tea. How long I had to watch those aftermarkedsellers who are selling ugly Medicoms for 220 and more?

I am so happy to see this! Hope this company will refresh the big players when it comes to desires of fans and nice extras for the figure.

Hope I get my figure soon. So all aftermarked seller with them crappy medicoms clmb!

:hi5:

ps: @elvis: nice job you have done!

Last edited:
I'm not going back into this argument. Whatever anyone does with their money is their business. But, judging from the discussions here alone, it appears that practically everyone who actually bought the Metal Boss figure and received it in hand, aren't really impressed by it, and are not defending it as adamantly as they were before.

No I do not wanna to, it was for me just a opinon which was written down very good by Monger. I miss the right words sometimes.

As well I was not aware of this topic anyway. I just check recently the net for my old "dying for" items, just like snake eater. The crock head is so nice. And I loved the game as well.

So recently I found this product and was a little precarious cause of the strange never heard "firms" behind this release.

So I was scanning this thread for user pics only to see if the Propaganda pictures tell the truth.

I was very pleased and will be reliefed if the box is here (the small one and the big one) and everything is comes out as promised.

After that I skipped page for page and followed the first time the "discussion" about the issue.

I read the opinions with interesst. But I am not the person who steps into for big companies (no matter what big mean in relation) I think it will work as in every company as well. The head gets it all the rest has to work and shut up.

I mean HT/SS sell the 12th? version of Iron Man and I do not know maybe the 10th release of some Star Wars Tropper and I had to look at Medicoms crap for 220$ on the lagune? Comon thats simply not fair! :)

In relative MGS might has lower sells but still they could sell him like hotcakes and they know it. And I do not think they (HT) can improve so much to this Item in relation to Inflames & Headplay.

On the other hand it was easy to make a step. I mean look at the Medicom figure.

:ohbfrank:

I do not has to care no more what they announce or will make possible in one or maybe two years. As it seems I got him and hopefully will be fine. Until a Sarah Connor will come up. Aftermarked prices as well quite ____edup for her to.

Greetings

ps: oh, can one of the owner tell me if a cigarette was in the box?

Last edited:
Is it realy that worse? They showed a Body pic as well and it looked good to me. But what do I know? Seriously whats wrong? Will it not hold certain positions? Or is it not right in scale?

I will see first how it comes out. I do not wanna spend extra 50$.

The body is not that bad.
It's a rip off a HT narrow shoulder with longer forearms.
The plastic is lighter, feels less sturdy.
The knees use another type of joints, they click into position.
Mine was a bit too loose for my taste, so i swapped it coz i had a ht available but it's really not a must do thing to have a better figure.
You can also get a TTL body wich is cheaper that HT if you want to replace it.
The only thing that needs to be done is the reduction of the neck to avoid the girafe effect and the eye patch that is a pain in the ass.
It's a very cool figure.

Sorry for the crappy pics
metalboss.jpg

metalboss.jpg

BTW did anyone saw this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Mad...552?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3370050e00
Inflames/headplay is selling their bodies now, rip off of hot toys but cheaper, the knee joints are the same as the recent HT bodies.
It's different than the one which comes with the metal boss.

Last edited:
15$ is a shot. Might be good for Kaneda as well? He was never that bulemic.

You are right the girafe effect I can see as well at my Kaneda. But as I am the only one with this "hobby" in my circle of friends and acquaintances, no body else recognise this effect and give me scornful looks.

By the way the pics might be not that classy, but as well they show how great this figure is!

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
Thanks ;)

As for Kaneda, headplay is ripping off HT narrow and advanced these are too bulky for kaneda's clothes, especially at the waist and legs.
I swapped the medicom body for a HT slim then swaped again with a Dragon neo 3 body and it does the trick.
Like always you'll have to do some mod to make the original medicom neck fit the body.

I really liked this figure, yes it needs a mod as almost all boxed figures from any brand, but this one has a huge potential. Giraffe neck mod, redone eye patch, reworked clothing, extra belt, fixed harness and custom made cloth patches to make it look video game accurate, I'm working now on the Skull camo version and in one Militaires Sans Frontieres commando that i will show very soon.
Here are some pics of Ol Snake and another Metal Gear Peace Walker wip:
Enjoy

Back