Infinity Studio: Predator 2 - City Hunter 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally mine too!!! Wasn't expecting it to arrive so fast. Still need to unbox it. Congrats to all of you !

I haven't done pics yet but guys, i love it!! Seriously this piece is crazy good, love that unique pose, the paint, everything is ok for me. I love the sculpt. This is a home run. Infinity Studio nailed it!!

I haven't done pics yet but guys, i love it!! Seriously this piece is crazy good, love that unique pose, the paint, everything is ok for me. I love the sculpt. This is a home run. Infinity Studio nailed it!!

Agree with you 100%

Absolutely the best collectibles experience I have ever had - so happy with the sculpt, the quality, and the service I got from Todd @ Spec Fiction in California.

This has set the bar so high that future purchases will struggle to reach it.

As a result, despite not initially liking the pose on their Jungle Hunter, I'm now watching THAT with renewed interest.

Congrats Vince - and thanks again for linking all those vids - they REALLY helped with unpacking & assembly (especially the last one).

Agree with you 100%

Absolutely the best collectibles experience I have ever had - so happy with the sculpt, the quality, and the service I got from Todd @ Spec Fiction in California.

This has set the bar so high that future purchases will struggle to reach it.

As a result, despite not initially liking the pose on their Jungle Hunter, I'm now watching THAT with renewed interest.

Congrats Vince - and thanks again for linking all those vids - they REALLY helped with unpacking & assembly (especially the last one).

Np mate, i see what you mean with the hand. How do you display it ? Disc or not? I must say i really like it with the disk in hand

Np mate, i see what you mean with the hand. How do you display it ? Disc or not? I must say i really like it with the disk in hand

I like the disc, but am more partial to the combi-stick (spear).

A couple of my low-quality "while unboxing" pics below ("After-Eight mints" tin box + dishcloth were not included with the shipment :) ).

It's now in my office, but temporarily placed before it gets it's proper location which will (hopefully) be this weekend.

image.png

image.png

Nice! not considering getting their Predators dio ?

It's a really ambitious piece of design / art-direction (per their CH & JH), but I'm not really a fan of the Preds in that movie - and (if I remember right) the slicing action didn't look right as the motion it suggests wasn't possible without chopping through more than the "classics" neck.

Did they ever release edition sizes for that?

You planning on getting that or their Jungle Hunter?

It's a really ambitious piece of design / art-direction (per their CH & JH), but I'm not really a fan of the Preds in that movie - and (if I remember right) the slicing action didn't look right as the motion it suggests wasn't possible without chopping through more than the "classics" neck.

Did they ever release edition sizes for that?

You planning on getting that or their Jungle Hunter?

I think the dio looks crazy and very ambitious, ok it's not 100% screen accurate in terms of the scene but looks crazy, just the green blood i'm not a fan of it. I'm really considering getting it..WIll see cause it's also really huge.

HOnestly their jungle hunter...i thought it looks really small on the video of the con, like smaller than the city hunter and looks pretty small compared to the dio too. I'm really not sure about it..need to see more of it. The idea with Dutch was nice but i don't even know if he is still behind? Maybe they plan to do another piece dedicated to Dutch ?

I alreay have the big game jungle hunter on PO so maybe it will be a pass. I would love to get the tree but the price is ridiculous.

Nice! Did the wristblades just slot in?

Imagine an analogue clock face as you look at the gauntlet from the front/side. They go in at about the "five" mark.

There's a bit of an angled bit on the end of the blade that indicates where the slot must be inside the gauntlet.

The blades were no problem for me - it was his left hand that caused a bit of a challenge until my Son worked it out :)

The only other challenge was the unmasked head, the rubber dreds had to warm up a bit once in the house to allow it to fit snugly with the magnets (masked head was fine).

Imagine an analogue clock face as you look at the gauntlet from the front/side. They go in at about the "five" mark.

There's a bit of an angled bit on the end of the blade that indicates where the slot must be inside the gauntlet.

The blades were no problem for me - it was his left hand that caused a bit of a challenge until my Son worked it out :)

The only other challenge was the unmasked head, the rubber dreds had to warm up a bit once in the house to allow it to fit snugly with the magnets (masked head was fine).

Need to try again in daylight.

Glad your happy with it mate. Worth them few years waiting for a Sadshow alternative to pop up.

Need to try again in daylight.

Glad your happy with it mate. Worth them few years waiting for a Sadshow alternative to pop up.

Yeah - too bloody right!

Sadshow vs. this is like night and day - the ENTIRE experience. Can't believe we can actually get what was originally shown - amazing quality. If only every purchase could work out this way.

Just start to push the blades in, then angle slightly down - they do NOT need to be forced - they'll slot right in once you get that angle right (the action would be a bit like using an old-fashioned can opener).

Let us know how it goes.

Blade - right blade dont hold tight but its ok
Head - really no problem
Left hand ... So this is really chalenge :) after 15 min i finaly put hand to right position. I dont use method on video. I use some like twist move.

Speak to me Col - blades now OK?

Also, forgot to ask you (and everyone else posting here that got this) . . . did anyone else have challenges with the blades OR heads OR his left hand?

Seriously - that final video that Vince posted was a REAL help! :1-1:

Been busy with 12 hour shifts mate. Few days off now so will have a play later.
Everything else was a breeze, left hand needs a little rotation so the thumb slides in the groove on the pillar (as you have already experienced).

How are you all feeling now you've had a few days with it and got over the honeymoon period? Still chuffed? I liked even my Sideshow City hunter more and more over time, still do so I imagine this will still impress....

How are you all feeling now you've had a few days with it and got over the honeymoon period? Still chuffed? I liked even my Sideshow City hunter more and more over time, still do so I imagine this will still impress....

The others will doubtless chime in for themselves - but as far as I am concerned - this is the best piece I have EVER bought (K - maybe equal with the JH 1:1 bust from 2005).

Not just due to the sculpt, art-direction and QC, but because of the service I got from Todd at Spec Fiction

(* I HIGHLY recommend him/them to EVERYONE - I've NEVER got customer service like that from anyone before - SO helpful! *)​

The City Hunter itself is an absolute masterpiece. There are a couple of screen liberties taken, but they are subtle and I don't mind them at-all.

The paint on everything is wonderful - including the base & column that some PRIME1 shills felt the need to run-down. And that sculpt / art-design . . . I can't imagine anything EVER topping this for a City Hunter release. It's THAT good.

Without a doubt, the best money I have EVER spend on a mass-produced collectible in over 15 years - PERIOD! (and with hundreds in my collection).

That's good to hear, I wanted to use Spec fiction for my P1 version but they only have the reg and I'm an EX snob, if I'm spending this much, I'd rather pay a little more and get all of the options tbh even if I maybe won't use them. I'm still considering this from them although I'm not sure I can justify two expensive statues of the same character these days, even my favourite. Maybe this is even better in person, even I thought the base paint looks quite bland in the pictures etc although I haven't mentioned it. That's partly why I asked for a post honeymoon opinion. Your word is plenty good enough for me that it isn't the case, some paint subtleties often don't translate well into pictures. I can imagine that this is pretty impressive in person. It looks big in video also, that's something else that doesn't come across in pictures. I'm glad you're both happy, I hope I'm the same once my Prime 1 City and Jungle Hunters arrive. Just need a nice Wolf & Berserker now before I maybe call it a day before I'm fully priced out.

Back