Indy Figure ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I am currently looking for a nice Indy figure. I really want the Hot Toys version, but as mentioned on this board the Sculpt just isn't Harrison Ford. Does anyone know/Or think if Hot Toys is going to do another Indy figure? You would think they would, but with the DX05 still at places like Sideshow and BBTS I just don't know. I could also go the premium format route, but the only way to get those is evibay. Does anyone know/think if sideshow will do another Indy premium format? So my choices are scalp a PF, settle for the mediocre head sculpt of the DX05 or wait. Any advice and or opinions are greatly appreciated. Happy Collecting-Brad

Indy is still available almost everywhere so the chances of another are slim to none.

The WGP head looks fantastic for about $75 and then you'll need to get it painted, so if your willing to shell out about another $150 on top of the Hot Toys figure you can have a much improved Indy. Then you can also worry about upgrading the jacket or gun belt if those bother you.

I debated for awhile on getting the DX05 figure. Just like you I read about the imperfections of the sculpt. I bought one from a SF member and I haven't regretted it for one minute. Once mfisher gets some sets made I'm going to upgrade the whip, belt, holster and satchel. And word is Kato is planning a ROTLA leather jacket which would be another worthwhile upgrade. Yeah the sculpt isn't perfect but it is far and away the best one to date, in my opinion. If you want to do some improvements, look at the customizations thread. There are some examples there that will blow you away.

The previous two posts are correct. I also struggled with buying the DX for a while but now it can be had at decent prices. I got mine for $210 shipped and I'm happy with that. I do have a WGP sculpt lined up so I will be upgrading the head. But if I didn't then I could live with the DX head if I had to. Its a great figure with tons of accessories. But yes, the sculpt is sub par. Indy figures are to this day how they've always been, if you want the best you'll have to bash your own. But the DX05 is a great starting point. :)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Everything is eventual.

I think Hot Toys had a one off license, sub-licensed from Sideshow for one figure.

I don't believe it will be Hot Toys as the new Star Wars Boba Fett and Darth Vader show that Sideshow is now moving into higher end figures. They have the best Indy sculptor and are still actively using the license.

Most likely the next Indy figure will be Sideshow and be either Temple of Doom or Last Crusade.

But the are now doing the horse riding statue and they won't want to split interest. So that will have to be released and sold.

I'm guessing 2014 will see Sideshow release a Hot Toys level quality 1/6 Indy figure.

....but the big purchase decision will be whether or not you need to buy the 1/4 Indy :D Hot Toys and (especially) Enterbay are moving in that direction and it's only a matter of time before someone makes a moveable Indy better than any premium format statue yet released........could that be a reason why we haven't heard anything on the Last Crusade PF from Sideshow? who knows...

I can only dream of the day that the ultimate Indy figure is released. I think Hot Toys will release another Indy figure. I hope it's sooner more than later.

It'll happen one day. I don't know why people get all hung up on this character or that character never getting a figure. The world isn't ending tomorrow. We'll get another Indy. No interest in 1/4 though. I think they look ridiculous.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back