Indiana Jones - Way too dark?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His shirt unbuttons, in fact mine came with the first two buttons already open.

So what's your bit here, are you playing the role of "jaded Tron fan" on the board?!

:gun

Chicken_Little.JPG

Mine is WAY too dark, even darker than the one posted here (I posted about it in the original PF thread). I called returns the second I opened the box and saw that I received a statue of Obama dressed up as Indy for Halloween.

wtfindy.jpg

He looks ridiculous in any light I put him in, including sunlight. And this is the regular edition btw.

I got mine yesterday, the first thing I noticed was his skin tone. Mine looks like he's black. But SS has always had this problem. They dont know how to paint and can't pick the right skin tones. PF Anakin I thought was too dark. If its not too dark then its too red like the figure is constipated. Such a shame.

Glad I started this thread, makes me feel I'm not being too picky. it seems that collectors that bought the exclusive edition are not having this problem....

The thing is that we have no idea what we're really talking about. They could all be exactly the same skin tone and the differences are all due to personal taste and lighting conditions. Frankly I think that's likely, given that they should have all be created using the same paints and painting methods, but there could also be genuine differences.

I would have preferred a bit lighter skin color myself, since they are using more of a brown/tan base color rather than one that has some pink or red in it, and it looks a little odd. But it's a minor issue and not something that I would obsess a lot about, or cause me to want to return it.

Well I opened mine and immediately went "Wtf is this?!" and to be honest I would expect that anyone else that saw it would say the same thing. If the paint job I received is exactly the same as what everyone got, I seriously question the ability to process colors on a lot of folks, because this is hilariously bad.

From the photos everyone has been posting, mine looks nothing like them, he's WAY darker. I even showed my wife to see what she thought without telling her my complaint, and she, who barely glances at anything in my collection, immediately asked why he was painted like a black person. If SHE notices, you know something is seriously wrong LOL!

EDIT - Someone mentioned that they SAW an Indy at a shop that was way darker than his own in-hand statue. So we do know there are variations in the paint.

I received my Exclusive Indy today...number 93. The paint on the head sculpt with the hat is darker than the one without the hat, but its not as dark as the ones posted by Romanomagic or Faken. All in all, I am pretty happy with how the statue turned out, although he does look kinda odd next to my PF Luke w/Yoda...not only does Indy tower over Luke, but Luke's skin color looks so pale next to him.

LOL I thought the karma was my beaten up bank account?? LOL!

By the way, while taking photos, I noticed the holster has become unglued, nice.

Back