Indiana Jones TOD PF base customization

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLostArk

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I love the Indy TOD PF, however, what I really don't like about it is the base itself. I think the skulls give it a cheap and cartoonish appearance. And given the height of the base, I think it definitely distracts from the statue itself. Plus, it would fit my Star Wars PF's much better.

So I was wondering... Is anybody here skilled enough to customize my Indy base? I guess it's not that big a deal. All you would have to do is remove the "rocks and skulls" section by horizontally cutting it (indicated by the green lines).

hpypw9y5.jpg

The top and bottom sections would then need to be glued together, and possibly you would have to use some additional sculpturing paste (?) to fill the gaps and litttle holes. After that the base would need some paint apps as well I imagine. Here's a before/after, just to give you the basic idea. What do you guys think?

fi7wsoxc.jpg

ohlzovb2.jpg

Damn, really?! The skulls scream ToD! :horror One of my favorite aspects of the piece.

I think the original base is amazing, but if you REALLY want to replace it, I think you are better off making one from scratch (or hiring someone to make one) rather than trying to modify the existing base.

You definitely got a point there. It will probably be easier to make a new base than to modify (and thus destroy) the existing one. Any idea who would be able to make a costum base?

Back