InArt - Dune: Paul Atreides

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a Part 2 Paul, dude. That’s what I want. If I can choose, I’d rather have Part 2. So why should I be content with having a kitbash figure?

I’m strictly talking overall design. Part 1 Paul vs Part 2. No idea why it’s being spun that I’m expecting 100% perfection in every sense of the way. I’m literally just talking about how these add ons won’t achieve a Part 2 Paul as it should be.

Ideally, this release should’ve been a Part 2 Paul. But it’s not due to licensing, etc blah blah.

I also am sure most people want stock things.
I know that's what you want. I'm saying that it's not realistic. We've seen how InArt operates. There's nothing to suggest that they're going to make a second Paul Atreides figure anytime soon, if ever. This isn't a debate between kitbash versus full release; it is a debate between kitbash or nothing. So yeah, myself and many others would rather get 80% of the way there -- especially when it doesn't come at the cost of compromising the Part One accuracy at all.

To use an analogy, it's like we're at a restaurant, and we both want Coca-Cola, but they only serve Pepsi. You don't want Pepsi, and that's fine; that's your prerogative. I'm fine with ordering Pepsi because it's the only way I can get a soda. Is it exactly what I want? No. Do I prefer it over being empty-handed? Absolutely.

From time to time I see people drawing lines to compare the figure with a picture from the movie to show inaccuracies.
I am just not that guy. I am fine with 80-90% accuracy...

Have to agree with this take.

I remember when you got an action figure - admittedly, a cheap one - and it was very generic, bearing no likeness to the actor. How far have we come?! Things are amazing now. Of course, even 1/12 scale action figures are a lot more expensive now. But if they have to be, at least we get more accuracy [usually].

I know that's what you want. I'm saying that it's not realistic. We've seen how InArt operates. There's nothing to suggest that they're going to make a second Paul Atreides figure anytime soon, if ever. This isn't a debate between kitbash versus full release; it is a debate between kitbash or nothing. So yeah, myself and many others would rather get 80% of the way there -- especially when it doesn't come at the cost of compromising the Part One accuracy at all.

To use an analogy, it's like we're at a restaurant, and we both want Coca-Cola, but they only serve Pepsi. You don't want Pepsi, and that's fine; that's your prerogative. I'm fine with ordering Pepsi because it's the only way I can get a soda. Is it exactly what I want? No. Do I prefer it over being empty-handed? Absolutely.

I’ll keep it simple. If they can’t officially do it, they shouldn’t do it or attempt to do it lol. It’d be inaccurate. I vote nothing over kitbash.

And idk why we’re acting like we know what INART is thinking/planning. It’s not always about what we want. It’s about what they are able to (licensing) or want to do, imo. I’m seriously having a hard time accepting they’d be okay with giving add ons to assemble an incomplete attempt at a Part 2 Paul. It’s not official. I’m also having a hard time why you guys seem to act like these add ons won’t be that expensive. By that point, might as well just offer the entire thing? Seriously, a headsculpt would be hella expensive. That’s where most of the costs and R&D go into, no? why oh why are we entitled?

Have to agree with this take.

I remember when you got an action figure - admittedly, a cheap one - and it was very generic, bearing no likeness to the actor. How far have we come?! Things are amazing now. Of course, even 1/12 scale action figures are a lot more expensive now. But if they have to be, at least we get more accuracy [usually].
Well, I’ll keep doing me, even if it bothers you guys. I am one of those who do the marked up pictures and posts them on their FB pages, only to receive endless scrutiny from the community. It worked in the case of the red suit Joker where I was one of the few who provided critical feedback on the red suit and specifically the “collar”, and sure enough, they stated they’d do “optimization at the collar of the red suit and other costume details.”

If it leads to positive change, why not? If it doesn’t, well I just wasted (I still enjoy doing those little mark ups, idk it’s part of the hobby for me) an hour of my life.

Last edited:
I don't understand why some think they will never do a part 2
this company as not been around long enough to guess what they will or will not do

I’ll keep it simple. If they can’t officially do it, they shouldn’t do it or attempt to do it lol. It’d be inaccurate. I vote nothing over kitbash.

And idk why we’re acting like we know what INART is thinking/planning. It’s not always about what we want. It’s about what they are able to (licensing) or want to do, imo. I’m seriously having a hard time accepting they’d be okay with giving add ons to assemble an incomplete attempt at a Part 2 Paul. It’s not official. I’m also having a hard time why you guys seem to act like these add ons won’t be that expensive. By that point, might as well just offer the entire thing? Seriously, a headsculpt would be hella expensive. That’s where most of the costs and R&D go into, no? why oh why are we entitled?
All or nothing is just a silly attitude to have, IMO, so I guess that's just where we're gonna have to differ. Every single figure I've ever bought has come with accessories that I have never used, but I would never in a million years argue that other collectors should get less just because I didn't need or want it. If they were talking about altering the Part One costume in some way or making this a mandatory price increase for everyone, then I'd be on your side. But for something that's an opt-in? Nah, I'm never arguing against my fellow collectors getting more.

I also don't know why you see it as entitlement. Many people -- myself included -- are arguing for this despite already having preordered. We've already given InArt our money and, by extension, our blessing with the figure as it exists today. We're not making demands or expressing dissatisfaction. We are offering feedback, which InArt has encouraged literally from their first day of operation.

All or nothing is just a silly attitude to have, IMO, so I guess that's just where we're gonna have to differ. Every single figure I've ever bought has come with accessories that I have never used, but I would never in a million years argue that other collectors should get less just because I didn't need or want it. If they were talking about altering the Part One costume in some way or making this a mandatory price increase for everyone, then I'd be on your side. But for something that's an opt-in? Nah, I'm never arguing against my fellow collectors getting more.

I also don't know why you see it as entitlement. Many people -- myself included -- are arguing for this despite already having preordered. We've already given InArt our money and, by extension, our blessing with the figure as it exists today. We're not making demands or expressing dissatisfaction. We are offering feedback, which InArt has encouraged literally from their first day of operation.
For me, I just want an official Part 2 Paul. That’s how it should be. I’d be upset if that’s what I get to have an incomplete Part 2 Paul. And I’m of the opinion that INART also thinks the same (licensing/branding stipulations).

A lot of figures bring accessories PERTAINING to the film/specific branded set and maybe then some (the wormhooks) that weren’t seen in the film. Or Todo included with Hot Toys Cad Bane, etc. Who knows, maybe those wormhooks were part of the original film but the idea was scrapped. Who knows, that’s irrelevant to me however. And this whole adding parts to a Part 1 Paul to make a Part 2 Paul that won’t be 100% complete is a completely different scenario. This is Part 1 Paul, not Part 1 and 2 Paul. Have we even seen a 2-in-1 where it’s 2 different movie looks/licenses packed into one set? The only one I can think off is Hot Toys MMS511 R2-D2 where it contained accessories from all three OT films.

But fine, I’ll entertain this add ons idea. Imo, this add on will be expensive if they offer a head-sculpt in addition to the robes (which I think is the only feasible thing they’d be able to add at minimal cost). Let me ask, how much do you think this accessories add on would be if a head-sculpt is part of it?

Last edited:

Luckily for the rest of us, you can continue to shout into the void over at your house, BUUUUT you dont get to decide this for the rest of us and that is as it should be. You are not the final arbiter of this hobby. Other hobbyists are not heretics for not agreeing.

Wasn't it The Smashing Pumpkins who told us that in spite of my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage? 🦋We can apply that here.

1. Part 1 Paul is happening
2. We have no plans at this time for Part 2 Paul, many figures are more likely to be announced first. They're not going to put up two competing Pauls at the same time, that would be the stupidest decision ever and
3. Many people who are not you have declared that they want an accessory pack.

You can rage scream and shout all you like, this is our current reality. Believe me, if shouting made companies do things I'd be shouting at Hot Toys a lot more than I do.

Luckily for the rest of us, you can continue to shout into the void over at your house, BUUUUT you dont get to decide this for the rest of us and that is as it should be. You are not the final arbiter of this hobby. Other hobbyists are not heretics for not agreeing.

Wasn't it The Smashing Pumpkins who told us that in spite of my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage? 🦋We can apply that here.

1. Part 1 Paul is happening
2. We have no plans at this time for Part 2 Paul, many figures are more likely to be announced first. They're not going to put up two competing Pauls at the same time, that would be the stupidest decision ever and
3. Many people who are not you have declared that they want an accessory pack.

You can rage scream and shout all you like, this is our current reality. Believe me, if shouting made companies do things I'd be shouting at Hot Toys a lot more than I do.

I’m not being like that. Why do you assume I’m “rage screaming”? I also have a stake in this as I want a Part 2 Paul. Let’s see if INART forego accuracy and appease the collective.

Last edited:
Other fully painted headsculpts sell separately for $80-100 USD. An Inart rooted headsculpt would EASILY be $200, likely more and other accessories on top of that would again, easily be $300+ total.
Which is kind of making my point. Why not just do a full P2 Paul figure at that point? If it’s $300+ total per you Ramatuelle, you’re seriously out of an official P2 Paul release because of $150?

Last edited:
To be clear, I don't see a single person arguing that they'd rather pay for an add-on pack versus getting a full figure with the care & attention of any other. Most of us are just being realistic that a separate Part Two release is unlikely to happen, or at least very, very far down the road. Given that reality, yes, we're happy with the compromise.

I would rather have the option of a Part Two look and be able to display it sooner with the option to upgrade if this hypothetical second release ever comes out. Would I rather just get the Part Two look by itself? Yes. I'd rather drink Coke than Pepsi, too, but if the choice is between Pepsi and water, I'm okay with the former.

To be clear, I don't see a single person arguing that they'd rather pay for an add-on pack versus getting a full figure with the care & attention of any other. Most of us are just being realistic that a separate Part Two release is unlikely to happen, or at least very, very far down the road. Given that reality, yes, we're happy with the compromise.

I would rather have the option of a Part Two look and be able to display it sooner with the option to upgrade if this hypothetical second release ever comes out. Would I rather just get the Part Two look by itself? Yes. I'd rather drink Coke than Pepsi, too, but if the choice is between Pepsi and water, I'm okay with the former.

Just know that I also think a Part 2 Paul release is also unrealistic. There shouldn’t be a compromise here as it all boils down to licensing/branding stipulations with an emphasis on accuracy that INART so far has shown they care about.

We’ll see what shakes out. I’d be shocked if they actually offered what some of y’all are requesting. Also, keep in mind that most people prefer to buy OEM/stock items and the masses also wouldn’t like if they can’t have a proper Part 2 Paul release with the weathering and everything. I’m sure INART is also aware of those people. Lots of people on Facebook did say they’d prefer a fully fledged Part 2 Paul. Imo, only the more experienced collectors would be okay with something they can they themselves customize to have said weathering. Most people/consumers are not like that.

Back