InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first figure I ever bought was the Hot Toys Man of Steel. I had not taken it out of the box in quite a while so I decided to have a look at it again. After searching for it in my various closets, attic, basement and garage I found it in the basement. A spider was keeping it company. I killed the spider. I took the man of steel out of the box and behold, this figure still holds up very well today. So well, in fact, that my passion for the new InArt has subsided quite a bit. Looking at the Hot Toys MOS was like taking a cold shower. I don't think I will shell out the 350+ for the InArt.

If you remove the shadows on IA's Superman's thighs, it doesn't seem as slim. Still not there though. I would give points to HT thighs as it is also closer to how the musculature shows on the actual suit.

View attachment 664957
Probably a personal thing but even with Hot Toys thickness being closer to how he was, it looks so cartoonish and off. The way they went about it gives me Rob Liefeld vibes.

50b4813bb62a43c2bc67065657e5febd.jpg

I've never once seen the Hot Toys body look like an actual human body like how the INART version looks below. It just comes off looking way more natural here. A very tiny bit of thickness added to the INART body would be perfect imo but not TOO much.

M7f68sy.png
5iNwlO1.png

Last edited:
Probably a personal thing but even with Hot Toys thickness being closer to how he was, it looks so cartoonish and off. The way they went about it gives me Rob Liefeld vibes.

I've never once seen the Hot Toys body look like an actual human body like how the INART version looks below. It just comes off looking way more natural here. A very tiny bit of thickness added to the INART body would be perfect imo but not too much.

M7f68sy.png
5iNwlO1.png

That Liefeld art is how I want IAs Affleck to look.

1695746196349.png

My nipples feel HT gonna respond with 2.0 MOS to this. :monkey1 Mark my words.

IMG_1147.jpeg

Expect a better than what they put out before portrait, most likely outsourced to a freelance artist, and no heat vision and comes with 1 accessory.

Artisan line, limited to 2500 pcs. Worldwide. With a video featuring Howard Chan and someone from the HK film industry revealing it.

Oh…sign me up <sarcasm>!

I've never once seen the Hot Toys body look like an actual human body like how the INART version looks below. It just comes off looking way more natural here. A very tiny bit of thickness added to the INART body would be perfect imo but not TOO much.

M7f68sy.png
5iNwlO1.png

Don’t forget those donkey Kong proportions. I never used his ‘relaxed’ hands…made those long arms even longer. It’s like he doesn’t have to tilt his body to scratch his knees.

Thanks! Thought you might have seen it on the MoS MMS200 thread.

I have been thinking about this. How good will the wired cape be? The poses look like HT black suit ZSJL style wired cape. Wired enough for it to bunch up a bit but not really dynamic posing.
Yeah looking at the InArt pics it's probably only enough wire to bunch it up a bit at the end. May need to relook into my JL Supes cape.

Although I don't like the idea of the grippers on him for suit longevity or simple aesthetics.

I guess it would be also possible to pull it off with a standing pose.

Someone have to post this on inart Facebook group
Already a LOT of comments regarding that and other stuff. Go have a look. InArt is responding, so at least they are reading and listening which is positive.

I guess they need to act quickly on some of this though as materials will need to be ordered for production relatively soon once they have a better indication of pre-order numbers.

The more people are saying the same thing more likely they will listen!

Main thing they need to fix is the body proportions and colors. There are some people going very specific too so if they can fix those that’s great.

A friend made a modification on the Superman in order to have the perfect and accurate version.

He modified the shoulders to make them wider, and made the blue of the suit darker.

Here's the result:

7CF4B6DA-4D59-47FF-8D6B-00B521703B5E.jpeg

The color change in the suit in that example is soo minimal, its almost like its the lighting from the pictures Inart took is at play here. I honestly think the colors are good.

A friend made a modification on the Superman in order to have the perfect and accurate version.

He modified the shoulders to make them wider, and made the blue of the suit darker.
View attachment 664988
- Cape sits too low on the back of the neck.
- Collar too wide at the front between the cape attachments
- Collar doesn't curve down at the front.
- Yellow on S not gold enough.
- Arm glyphs too low down.
- Suit lines all one colour instead of brighter blue inners.
- Buckle too square and not tapered.
- Leg lines shouldn't come round to the front.
- Boots chainmail should be black.

It's closer, but it's still a way to go to be accurate and perfect.

Back