InArt: 1/6 Superman (Cavill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suit needs to be more like this
supes custom.jpg

Yeah, that’s a little too shiny but also a fascinating effect. What product even is that, if not a custom?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Both the suit + sculpt is overdone there. That suit effect looks straight comic cartoonish.

You're not suppose to ACTUALLY paint on the effect. You're suppose to let the chrome undersuit + blue fabric let it shine through on its own.

s0xom3cdeb171.jpg
Joss Whedon didn't even understand that and thought upping saturation would make the suit look better LOL

As a counter to that, TDK, one of the best Superhero movies ever made wasn't deconstructionist, however it was still fairly grounded in it's approach. I'm not saying they shouldn't be, but they don't need to be deconstructionist and in order to be great films. They do however need to get the tone of the character correct, which I believe Gunn may do, at least for Superman.

Yeah, I would go further than that, to say that most fans only want deconstruction sparingly if at all, and certainly not a regular diet of it but rather to spice things up a bit from time time. Fans (and critics for damn sure) didn’t expect the first ever live action teamup of Superman and Batman to be a Watchmen-style deconstruction! But amazingly it has a 63% audience score on RT and higher on other movie rating sites such as IMDb and Metacritic. Audience score on Fandango (back when they recorded it) was 80% which is remarkable. Anyway, roughly 2 out of every 3 fans likes it according to those metrics.

Yeah I like the sculpt for a JL Superman, even if the paint around the eyes/nose/mouth are a tad heavy handed. But the suit is waaay over shaded and artificial looking. I used a similar shading effect myself, but I chose to keep it realllllly faint, to just sort of nudge the contrast in the darkest spots, using a watercolor brush as the airbrush is too heavy handed for this. I think it could be valuable if InArt used a trick like this to bump up the definition, but it could easily go overboard.

Also, by beefing up my figure's muscle mass, it pulls the suit even tighter to create more transparency in the hight spots, allowing more light reflections. So if InArts suit was pulled tighter it may do the same.

sdfsdf.jpg

Suit needs to be more like thisView attachment 653578

Yeah I like the sculpt for a JL Superman, even if the paint around the eyes/nose/mouth are a tad heavy handed. But the suit is waaay over shaded and artificial looking. I used a similar shading effect myself, but I chose to keep it realllllly faint, to just sort of nudge the contrast in the darkest spots, using a watercolor brush as the airbrush is too heavy handed for this. I think it could be valuable if InArt used a trick like this to bump up the definition, but it could easily go overboard.

Also, by beefing up my figure's muscle mass, it pulls the suit even tighter to create more transparency in the hight spots, allowing more light reflections. So if InArts suit was pulled tighter it may do the

Also, by beefing up my figure's muscle mass, it pulls the suit even tighter to create more transparency in the hight spots, allowing more light reflections. So if InArts suit was pulled tighter it may do the same.

View attachment 653593
Yes pretty good, looks closer to this
supes reddit.png

Has inart/John mentioned anything about the Affleck Batman figure recently? Curious how far along it is
And if yes, does anyone know who's doing the sculpt(s) for them? I have talked to some Chinese friends who are also custom artists and they told me that even Inart hire custom artists for their certain projects' parts. i.e headsculpt, rooting etc.

I’m curious if they’ll do a one-piece, solid cowl or two-piece with an articulated head.

And if yes, does anyone know who's doing the sculpt(s) for them? I have talked to some Chinese friends who are also custom artists and they told me that even Inart hire custom artists for their certain projects' parts. i.e headsculpt, rooting etc.
yes. vito seems to be attached with inart now for hair

Back