Import taxes etc for Australia.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quietstorm

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi peeps, wondering if anyone can help me out with a few questions.
Im about to have shipped my first Sideshow Pf from Sideshow.com and I'm curious to find out what taxes/import duties etc I will be up for if any?
Also, what is the process if the item I receive is broken in any way?
thank you kindly.
Regards
Luke

No taxes if the item value is $1000 or less.

Shipping to Oz is not cheap, and if a defect or break warrants a return, the usual response from SSC would be to offer a refund once you've provided them photo evidence of the item's destruction.

...alternatively they may offer you a partial refund to compensate for the defect/damage.

Cool, thanks for the reply on the taxes. A little concerning about the partial refund for defect/damage tho. I don't want a broken statue for a cheaper price than one that isn't broken if that makes sense. Will have to wait and see i guess.
Thanks again!

Yup, if it's less that $1000 value on the Customs declaration then you're good.
Sideshow ship FedEx to Australia and won't deliver to PO Boxes so track the shipping carefully otherwise you can find that they leave it on your front doorstep.

Why would Fedex leave it at your doorstep? They always require signature on delivery. If by chance you're not home they leave you a slip to contact them or they will retry the next day. Usually you can arrange to pick it up from the depot if it is nearby.

Back