IMHO: Sideshow star wars line is dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol! But a sideshow Indy has A LOT of potential. My custom/sideshow Indy is probably one of my favorite figures!!!!!

Yeah, though I don't have any faith in SS as far as 1:6 Indy goes, technically, he's still "on hold." I'd say to visit the Whedonville board. That's a Sideshow ghost town. :lol

I hope Sideshow brings back the Inday line. While I love my ROTLA Indy, I still think Sideshow could tweak a few things (like paintjob). TOD Indy and TLC Indy would give them at least two more changes to make the ultimate Indiana Jones figure. I don't think I care about any other characters from the series (maybe Mola Ram).

More on topic though, is Sideshow actively producing any 1/6th scale lines besides Star Wars?

In my opinion the Indy line died because it was crap . I snapped up the first Indy on it's release and it was the first Sideshow figure that I genuinely regret buying . ( And this is coming from a fan of the Star Wars line ) The pro body was next to useless , the outfit was badly tailored and made of crap materials and the head was MUCH too large ( need I go on ? ). And the Star Wars line is far from dead . Crap thread . :nana:

Even though I am a little unhappy about the recent price increases for Sideshow's 1/6 scale Star Wars figures, I must say that Sideshow still does churn out good Star Wars figures at a price that will not bankupt me or most fans/collectors. I love Greedo and the Cantina Environment and can't wait to have these in hand. I love Thrawn and his Throne Chair Environment. I like the Shock Troopers and the list goes on. Granted that not every Star Wars figure from Sideshow is a spot-on smash hit for me, but overall, Sideshow's Star Wars figures do keep me happy.

And while I agree that they are not Hot Toys quality, their prices are also not as sky high as Hot Toys prices too. I love Hot Toys Iron Man figures as well but I also love my Sideshow Star Wars figures. :)

Back