I need some answers about this unique variant piece ASAP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just posting about my experience. Are you suggesting that I made this story up. It is all in the court records.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That's your story. Someone had those records sealed, so we'll never know what really happened... :monkey3

As far as the desperate customer calls and emails, I can imagine what it must be like. I remember my first experience with a damaged collectible (it was actually my very first purchase from Sideshow, about 5 years ago :monkey2), and the email I sent was definitely less than calm and polite. But to their credit, the CS folks were both calm, polite, and very quick to get me a replacement.

That's your story. Someone had those records sealed, so we'll never know what really happened... :monkey3

As far as the desperate customer calls and emails, I can imagine what it must be like. I remember my first experience with a damaged collectible (it was actually my very first purchase from Sideshow, about 5 years ago :monkey2), and the email I sent was definitely less than calm and polite. But to their credit, the CS folks were both calm, polite, and very quick to get me a replacement.

Oh man, you have piqued my interest. Now I just want to read the letter you wrote to them. Have it saved?:lol

according to adam hughes, mj is leaning over a laundry basket, not a wash tub. that's why the water bubbles were removed from the first samples and why the dianne fund mj auction piece sold for the big bucks. sorry to blow a hole in your theory.

Exactly. I got to interview Tony Cipriano about the MR Hulk piece that he created and our conversation moved onto this piece itself. He mentioned that the laundry basket was used to give the piece a more playful feel like MJ happened to stumble upon Peter's laundry and find his Spidey suit. That's why her eyes are looking to the side because she in that "Ah-ha" moment. The Diane fund auction went for so much because it truly was an early prototype.

Oh man, you have piqued my interest. Now I just want to read the letter you wrote to them. Have it saved?:lol

I wish! :lol I was completely new to Sideshow, and pretty new to high-end collecting, so spending $150 (gasp!) for a SSW statue still seemed like a LOT of money. And, not knowing how things would turn out, and not having been a member here yet (no support system), I panicked. I remember DEMANDING that they fix the problem ASAP, and being generally belligerent. I might have even thrown the BBB in there for good measure.

Looking back, I still feel bad for having been so shortsighted. I have dealt with a lot of online companies, and none have a better or more understanding customer service policy than Sideshow, and their people reflect it in the way they have handled every case I've had with them.

I'm not angry.....so much as I am interested in everyones insight in the community into the whole red and black/blue Spidey suit as opposed to a true red and and blue one....especially if the wash tub is an actual laundry basket. The box itself, numerous photos, and the 360 view show it as being red and blue. I have a more red and black one. What do you have? Does any one have a "red and blue version" (as shown above)? Any known artist pieces on this item.

I can just repaint it. Butt.....the statue kicks a$$ overall.

Sorry if you took me out of context
:grouphug -LOL

.. please post pics of your piece to kill the fishy smell in this thread .... :monkey1

I wish! :lol I was completely new to Sideshow, and pretty new to high-end collecting, so spending $150 (gasp!) for a SSW statue still seemed like a LOT of money. And, not knowing how things would turn out, and not having been a member here yet (no support system), I panicked. I remember DEMANDING that they fix the problem ASAP, and being generally belligerent. I might have even thrown the BBB in there for good measure.

Looking back, I still feel bad for having been so shortsighted. I have dealt with a lot of online companies, and none have a better or more understanding customer service policy than Sideshow, and their people reflect it in the way they have handled every case I've had with them.

Yeah, I know where you are coming from. I can remember my first order too. It was for a 12" figure so maybe it was around $50 or so. I remember not wanting to open up the figure because I thought it was just so freaking expensive. Oh Sideshow how you have ruined my concept of money. :lol:monkey2

I was just posting about my experience. Are you suggesting that I made this story up. It is all in the court records.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

If what you said is true (not suggesting you are lying, but just figurative of speech), then I would think why SS CS has not replied me. International customers always have the disadvantage of long distance telephone charges... they call-back service didn't materialise...

Bannister, you experience tells me that what I encountered is a very minor thing indeed, I have perhaps hold too an esteem of SS service.

This is of course just my opinion...

load them into photobucket and then post them here

mj1.jpg

From what I gather and please correct me if I'm wrong here....All pieces look like the one above with the dark/black look to it, because it is suppose to have that " Hey look at me!!!...... I'm a wet Spidey suit" look to it. Yay! Boo! However if you view the 360 item viewer on the items web page, its the right freakin color!! WTF-

Cool your jets people are only trying to help :monkey1

Cool your jets people are only trying to help :monkey1

Hey guys sorry it took me a while to post my pics to my own thread.

You see..... I was in training with the Krugans! :bow :bow :bow :bow

Plus I didn't know how to do **** on this board.

But anyways Dante..... With it being 6 days shy of a month later since I posted this thread. I believe..... I'm cooled out!.

Thanks P!tu for the videos*

Last edited:
Back